Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's See Your Watches! The Vintage Watch Thread.

Elaina

One Too Many
Well up until tonight, my wind up watch. I bought it for a couple bucks at an antique store because it was "junk" and the lady wanted it gone.

Opened up the back to get some numbers off of it for repair and found out it's an 1882 Elgin women's watch. Band is not the original, that one has a date from 1932 etched on it.

Other one is a 1970's watch that is broken and I'd have to dig to find it and the maker. It's gold and diamond and mid-end, from Switzerland, not a huge name tho.

I love watches. Hate jewerly. I kill batteries.

Elaina

pablocham

One of the Regulars
Watches I own:

Omega Speedmaster ca. late 90s
Rolex Datejust ca. 1970
Smiths W10 issued in '69
Hamilton G.S. ca. 1970
Tissot 14k automatic w/date. ca. 1970.
Zeno Explorer ca. 2000.

Currently wearing the Rolex.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Newest Acquisition...

1980s NOS Herodia Mechanical:

MHerodia.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wrist watches...

laco43it.jpg

Luftwaffe aircrew watch (navigator/pilot), WW2.

oris5di.jpg

Oris, 30's inspired Art Deco flight watch (but made in the early 70s).

MoonWatchNASASpeedmaster002.jpg

Omega, Speedmaster "MoonWatch" as used on manned NASA Space flights.

Havana

One of the Regulars
Gruen Curvex - mechanical, unknown vintage, flea market find
Tag Heuer - SS diver, bought new in Switzerland in 1986 & worn almost everyday since

undertaker

Practically Family
Pictures of My Watches Finally

Thanks For the help Gentlemen, lets Give it a try.

MVC-009F.jpg

From left to right; 1978 Rolex Mid-Size, 1941 Hamilton, 1940's Gruen Curvex 14 KT Rose Gold, and a late 40's or early 50's Benrus.

Let me know what you think.

There are also about 30+ Pocket watches, no pictures yet:) .

S

Samsa

Haven't worn a watch regularly for years. I suppose I should start wearing one, as taking my cell phone out of my pocket to check the time could be considered rude in certain circumstances...

Michaelson

One Too Many
I'd show you a REAL 1937 Gruen Curvex I own....if I could figure out how the heck to post the photo.:rage:

Regards! Michaelson

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Here are my two favs

The Elgin pocket watch belonged to my grandfather. His older sister gave it to him when he graduated without ever smoking or drinking. Not sure of the exact year, but it has to be 20's. The Waltham wrist watch is one I purchased several years back, I really like the look of this watch.

MVC-509F.jpg

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Marv said:
Rolex Submariner 50th Anniversary model with black face and green bezel.

That's exactly what I've been wearing for the past several months. It joins my other stainless Submariner Date (black bezel) that's several years old - the classic "Bond" watch. Also prized is my Stainless (pre TAG) Heuer Professional 1000 dive watch that was the very last thing my father bought for me before he died. I've owned it for 20 years now. And my father's gold Omega that was his retirement watch.

-MC

Willi_Goat

One of the Regulars
I have an old Elgin pocket watch that was my great-grandfathers. Nothing really fancy. I will get some photos of it after I retreive it from my folks house. I believe my mom had some photos of him in his Savannah Police Department uniform with the watch attached to the uniform. I will have to see if she or my dad has possibly scanned those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis