Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's See Your Watches! The Vintage Watch Thread.

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
IMG_1827.JPG
This is a Swiss chronographe in an English silver case and chain. The best part is the French Art Deco cobra watch stand

TheGuitarFairy

Practically Family
Thank you man .. my grandfather died when I was two so I don't think I have any memories of him. He owned his own pharmacy in the Brooklyn neighborhood of Bushwick. I have a clear idea of watch's value money wise but of course it's most valuable to me because of who wore it. I wear it every day and hopefully when my 12 y/o gets older he will too.
My grandparents 1931
IMG_7836.jpg

viclip

Practically Family
Lord Elgin Shockmaster "Barrister"

This wristwatch model was released circa 1958. The cases were 14K rolled yellow gold-filled. The manual Elgin 713 caliber 21-jewel movement constituted the powerhouse. The splayed lugs on these watches set them apart.

My pictured specimen is just back from the watchmaker. I had a black leather strap affixed to it, not knowing how these watches were originally decked out. Does anyone know what strap was included from the factory?

Elgin Barrister Dial.jpg

Elgin Barrister Crown.jpg

Wolverine

New in Town
Gorgeous and interesting watches, guys/gals, and thank you for sharing. My spouse and I are collectors, and love this thread!

Oh man, I indeed reactivated Pa's legendary Casio AQ230 from 1989/90! He wore it for a big part of the 90s, so it looks still really worn.
It was a little work to do, because first it refused to react correctly and the electronics seemed to go crazy, but finally, she woke up and all modi are working fine again! :)

This working horse model was very popular, 30 years ago and surely many people had it. Of course it was all metal, back then!

I prefer the date modus.

There is another Casio AQ229 with a more roundish body and golden colour, which my father bought some years later in the 90s or early 2000s. Maybe, I will get it working, too.

Attachments

• IMGP7210.JPG
    IMGP7210.JPG
    287.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMGP7211.JPG
    IMGP7211.JPG
    228.5 KB · Views: 105

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot