Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's See Your Watches! The Vintage Watch Thread.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
1959 IWC

th_Watch1.jpg

Watch1.jpg

Aviator

Familiar Face
That Antiquorom collection was amazing!

I downloaded the catalogue, but I should have tried to order it...that is the most amazing collection I have ever seen privately owned. So many of those could be considered a grail watch, and any one would consider themselves super-fortunate to own it...yet he had hundreds.

Amazing catalogue.

kodou

New in Town
JEEP said:
Let's just say he smiles every time I walk into his shop :)

/Jakob
And of course it's always nice to elicit a smile from a shopkeeper when you enter their store. Plus, that smile likely means you're an appreciative customer and will get the same returned to you in terms of service.

A collection of 700 watches is crazy, especially if it's true that the guy obtained them all in the span of a decade. It makes me wonder about his overall profit. for instance, if the seller has 15 of a certain rare watch...wouldn't auctioning them all at the same time drive the price down a bit perhaps? Actually nevermind, the watch would still be rare even if 15 more of them are known to exist in the world now. enough babble...more watches please!

kodou

New in Town
JEEP said:
Let's just say he smiles every time I walk into his shop :)
/Jakob
And of course it's always nice to elicit a smile from a shopkeeper when you enter their store. Plus, that smile likely means you're an appreciative customer and will get the same returned to you in terms of service.

A collection of 700 watches is crazy, especially if it's true that the guy obtained them all in the span of a decade. It makes me wonder about his overall profit. for instance, if the seller has 15 of a certain rare watch...wouldn't auctioning them all at the same time drive the price down a bit perhaps? Actually nevermind, the watch would still be rare even if 15 more of them are known to exist in the world now. enough babble...more watches please!

Warbaby

One Too Many
Not vintage, not rare, and not worth much, but this Russian Raketa winder is one of my favorites for the 24 hour dial and the cool place names in Cyrillic (which I've finally deciphered so I actually know what they are).

W_raketa.jpg

Highlander

A-List Customer
I just bought a Raymond Weil 5514 last weekend, it looks remarkably like the Pateks.

Also for my day to day office wear, I am getting the Circa CT116T. Just what I was looking for (I THINK... :) )
ct116t.htm

JP147

New in Town
I wear a CWC military watch as mentioned below and it's often admired. Looks great in all its simplicity and works like a dream.

dynamike

New in Town
Two of my Favorites

The First is a Illinois sz17 23j Sangamo Special,the second is a Waltham Railroader 18sz 17j. Ive owned these two watches for the past 18 yrs ,I started collecting in my early 20s.

dynamike65

dynamike65

Talbot

One Too Many
Sometimes the face on your wrist is better than the one in the mirror

All, thanks for a great forum. My only gripe is I'm now buying more than I used to.

Excellent taste in timepieces here.

I have been buying el cheapo's (and others) for a while and thought I'd share a couple of my favourites from the bunch.

Brietling AOPA Navitimer

breitling front on book.jpg

Le Coultre alarm watch

lecoultre crown side 2.jpg

Gustav Homberger

homb front1.GIF

Ogival by Bascula

ogival front.jpg

Omega

omega mil black strap.jpg

Omega 30T2

omega mil dial.jpg

Submariner

omega sub front 2.jpg

Olma Chrono
Olma front.jpg

Super Oyster

rolex front.jpg

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stalin pocketwatch I found in a flea market in Vilnius, Lithuania a few years ago. No, I don't like Stalin. But if it's not a repro, it's real history -- either way, it was cheap. It naturally stopped working within an hour of leaving the flea market.

DSCF3132.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff