Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's See Your Watches! The Vintage Watch Thread.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vintage Betty said:
Was this watch ever identified for you? I'm pretty sure I know the rough year, and further information for you...plus can probably provide source information.

Vintage Betty
Wow, sorry, I haven't checked this thread in ages as you can see.

To answer your question, no it was never identified, and I would love to know more about it. Feel free to PM me. ;)

Thanks.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Wrist watch

Had a Fossick around the lounge, could not see a thread about "the Wristwatch"? here are two "vintage style" numbers from the 1980's the one on the left is a "Fossil" brand the other is unbranded

3337686138_23f6467992.jpg

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Currently Available "1930s" wristwatches....

As I'm still, unaccountably, unable to upload pictures, I'll have to merely mention that I purchased one of these watches about a year and a half ago to wear while doing 1930s-period upland bird hunting; I used to wear my pocket watch and a nice original silver fob showing a bird hunting scene over a setter, c1920 on a leather strap...until that got torn off going through some of the thick stuff we specialize in up here in New England. Luckily(?) only the fob was ripped off...the watch stayed in the breast pocket of my Filson game vest. At any rate, it seemed like a wristwatch might be the way to go...but I didn't want to put an original through hell. For $50 this seemed to be the answer. It is still going strong, and certainly worth the money IMHO; it seems pretty good stylistically. The only problem is I find it a bit difficult to read; the space between numerals in the corners gets a bit tight, and the hands don't have much contrast. With that reservation: a high rating. You can see the watch, in men's and ladies' sizes, here: http://www.thewirelesscatalog.com/wireless/Item_1930s-Reproduction-Watches_VC7653G_ps_srm.html

LRSdog

New in Town
Beautimous Omega, Jeep.

I have a (discontinued) Omega SMP 2254, wear a Marathon SAR diver on the SAR bracelet for my beater.

Would love to have a Rolly SeaDweller, and as I have heard they are or will be discontinued, will prob not ever have a chance for one (keeping my fingers crossed, though).

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Just got this today. Ingersoll 'Leader', push to set. Keeping good time so far, strong tick. It's worn to brass in spots on the bezel and bow, and there's a touch of rust on the minute hand, but otherwise in great condition.

DSC09259.jpg

CopperNY

A-List Customer
not really deco, but round. i've had my 'flieger' style Debaufre for three months now and couldn't be happier.

F-DW.12.0744U-2T.jpg

44mm, Unitas handwind.

next watch will be a Hamilton.

JEEP

Practically Family
Just a few shots of my display at the annual Danish watch collectors convention. It didn't win any prices, but I did manage to get the votes of every female participant at the convention :D

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

Regards.

Jakob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou