Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Letter from Stetson

ortega76

Practically Family
thefedorastore said:
Quite honestly it is the masses and the $50 hat that has me doing ???+ mens hats a month. If I only catered to the nice folks here who appreciate a quality hat, I wouldn't have a business. I am thinking of getting a private label hat done though, and I think my deal with Beaver Brand may make this possible. I have to check and find the right hat, because I don't want to put the store name on the standard factory wool hat. And that, we have ALL discussed before.

This would be the hat.....
e1541-2.jpg

First, I just checked Fedora Store a minute ago and I saw the new store brand lids. Three great choices that fit most styles. You and my wife are causing me a bit of grief. I've been banned from buying any (more) hats until my birthday(I think I know what I'll be getting. . .) but I want 3 or 4 from you! As in, I want them now. Oh, why must I be tormented so! :(

Joel Tunnah

Practically Family
Beaver Brand

If you order one, or three, let us know how they are. I'm curious about these Beaver Brand hats - and I don't see any showoff posts in the Lounge about them yet. Longish lead-times though...

I've got my eye on their 2" brimmed "old west" Derby now - due to the evil Bowler thread! :rage:

Duane - does B.B. use the colored powders like Stetson?

Joel

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
I have been informed by BB that their felts hoods comes colored already, and they do not add any colored powders to the felt. Incidently, if you want a Stratoliner replica, the hat pictured above is it, just order the option of the 4 ligne band! All other dimensions are the same, and it is a quality 10% beaver 90% rabbit mix, appropriate for the price point. I must plug Art Fawcett though for quality workmanship if you desire a 100% beaver hat.

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ortega76 said:
You and my wife are causing me a bit of grief. I've been banned from buying any (more) hats until my birthday(I think I know what I'll be getting. . .) but I want 3 or 4 from you! As in, I want them now. Oh, why must I be tormented so! :(

I guess being single does have one or two advantages... :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner