Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lewis Leathers , Good quality?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Never got around to seeing them. Had tickets once for a Slayer/Megadeth/Pantera show on their farewell tour a few years back but couldn’t make it.

These days, I am not really keen on the big names any more. I’d rather take a plunge on newcomer bands or second tier artists in smallish and small venues.
Its pretty easy to see bands like Testament, Machine Head, Parkway Drive etc. in 3-5.000 people locations, and the energy is always way better than say Iron Maiden 100m away from the stage in a 70.000 people stadium. Just my opinion, of course.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
These days, I am not really keen on the big names any more. I’d rather take a plunge on newcomer bands or second tier artists in smallish and small venues.
Me neither, it's been so many years since I've been to any big concert of any of the big commercial names. I prefer more recent bands, much smaller and definitely not "radio-friendly" to use a term from my youth (Suicidal Angels, Mourning Beloveth and Primordial are the first names that come to mind).
I think that the last concert I've been too with more than 1000 audience was in 2019, Dead Can Dance.

Iron Maiden 100m away from the stage in a 70.000 people stadium
No way am I going to pay the ridiculous prices they (and most of the well-known, "established" bands) ask for, while in the past I've seen them promoting masterpieces and not mediocre (to be lenient) works - for prices that made far more sense.

And as it turned out it was my one and only opportunity to get to see Pantera...
Anselmo and Brown will be on tour in Europe this summer, with Benante and Wylde, playing Pantera stuff. Not the same, I agree, and I really wonder if they can still perform.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch