Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lily's College Fund

Dunlap Wanderer

A seldom seen member of the post war lightweights... this one is sweet in all regards except fit. Marked a 7 1/8, it is a little too roomy for my 22 1/8 head. If you are between sizes this might be for you. Great style and condition, the sweatband shows patina but leather and stitching are in very good condition. My sharp diamond bash included at no additional charge.

2 1/2" brim, 5 1/2" open crown, 1 1/16" ribbon.
$165 includes Paypal fees and shipping in the continental U.S.

wanderer2.jpg

wanderer3.jpg

wanderer4.jpg

wanderer5.jpg

wanderer6.jpg

wanderer7.jpg

wanderer8.jpg

wanderer9.jpg

wanderer10.jpg

wanderer1.jpg

Stetson Real Nutra Fur

This is an interesting example - difficult to date accurately because it was renovated in the 1940s with a new sweatband and ribbon. The red manufacturing tag is not present, though the orange tag with serial number is. My guess from the liner is 1920s. Excellent quality nutria fur felt, both soft and rugged at the same time. It has the moldable quality of a clear beaver. There are moth marks that can be seen in the photos and some soiling which I have not attempted to clean. If you have a chance to don a 90 year old Stetson, you have to accept some of the stories of its prior life.

Sweatband and ribbon replacement are old work and in good shape though wear can be seen as shown in the photos. Sweatband ribbon is not present. There is a small tear to the rose colored silk liner, which is a wonderful feature of this hat.

6" crown, brim just under 3 1/2". Size is not marked anywhere but it is too large for me. I measure a 22 5/8 circumference which should be close to 7 1/4.
$90 includes Paypal fees and shipping within the continental U.S.

oldnutria1.jpg

oldnutria2.jpg

oldnutria3.jpg

oldnutria4.jpg

Anton Peschel German velour

So Lily says to me, "Dad, you never ever wear this one," and she is right. It is marked size 7 1/8 but feels just a tad too full on my head.

Superb quality European velour in an unusual and very beautiful color palette of deep brown felt and brown/green ribbon. Era unknown, likely 1970s. Can be worn with brim up, brim snapped, sides pinched or unpinched. It came to me unworn and I have worn it once. It is in mint condition.

$225 includes Paypal fees and delivery to your address in the continental U.S. Happy to ship elsewhere with adjustment for actual cost.

peschel4.jpg

peschel5.jpg

peschel6.jpg

peschel1.jpg

peschel2.jpg

peschel3.jpg

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Dayum!!!!! I wish my haid wuz smaller!!!! But if that hat looked as good on me as yours does on you I'd never sell it. Sooner grow another haid so I could wear more hats at the same time. Quality... man quality!

Worf

I find it difficult to let them go. This is one I've been saving for a long time for its unusual qualities. If I were an experienced eBay seller I would probably mark it R@RE.

I will not be unhappy if forced to keep it. Just don't tell Lily, OK?

Borsalino "Alessandria" style - number 1

The earlier of the two Borso thin ribbons I am offering, this hat is green tinged gray - full sized 7 1/8 which fits a little large on me. Condition is good but not pristine. The front of the ribbon shows staining and there is wear to the crown of the silk liner. The felt is light, soft and flexible which makes the hat as comfortable as a favorite pair of slippers... qualities that post war Borsalinos excelled at and many others tried to match.

Brim is 2 5/8", crown a full 6".
$120 includes Paypal fees and delivery to your address in the continental U.S.

alle2_1.jpg

alle2_2.jpg

alle2_3.jpg

Borsalino "Alessandria" style - number 2

Number 2 is light tan "Alessandria" with a 2 7/8" brim and 5 1/2" crown. Excellent condition with clean felt, sweatband and liner. Wind trolley is present. Soft, flexible brim that holds a snap well but can be worn up for attitude. Very Johnny Depp, without the holes.

7 1/8 - this one fits me very well.
$195 includes Paypal fees and delivery in the continental U.S.

alle1_1.jpg

alle1_2.jpg

alle1_3.jpg

alle1_4.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
College fund, eh? Set me to wondering if text books are still used, or is it all digital these days?

Anyway, beautiful hats for reasonable prices. Wish to heck my bean were a few sizes smaller.

Thanks Randall... if I can raise enough to cover point shoes (they last about 3 weeks) I am a happy camper. Sophie was able to use digital files for some classes and used books for a lot of the others.

After such a prolonged exposure to the Mediterranean diet, I am thinking you will return to us as a 6 7/8.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Point shoes don't come in a kevlar-toed model? Entrepreneurs, take note!

One of the many advantages of my vegan diet is that it remains largely the same continent to continent. Most of the world's billions eat a plant-based diet, so I am at home wherever I wander. Nice thought re: the cranial shrinkage, though. :)

One last call on the Peschel velour at $200... then I splash some cold water on my face and put it back in the hat museum.

(I measured the interior dimensions of this hat last night for another Lounger - it is 7 3/4 x 6 1/2)

Four more hats to add later today.

Silent_Gray_Fellow

New in Town
good afternoon my friend.
definitely interested in your Borsalino. could you please tell me the inside circumference?
i have a few 7 1/8 that feel like i'm trying to squeeze into a thimble and some that i'm swimming in..
we all know how that goes.
thanks so much for your time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran