Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lily's College Fund

Greetings Silent_Grey... I am honored to have your first Lounge post in my for sale thread.

For an accurate measurement of circumference I prefer to input the major and minor axes of the head opening into an ellipse calculator.

The tan Borsalino is 6 3/8 x 7 13/16 - 22.34"
The gray Borsalino is 6 3/8 x 7 7/8 - 22.45"

My head measure 22 1/8 regular oval. The gray hat feels too large to me. The tan one fits on the full side but is comfortable if I angle it a bit from back to front.

You will not be able to private message on the lounge until you log 15 posts, but feel free to email me if interested using the contact page on my website shown in my signature.

thanks,
Alan

ps... I will be adding two modern Borsalinos to this thread later this afternoon.

SOLD**Dobbs Gay Prince

Every hat maker tried their hand at this style, but at least in my sampling, no one did it as well as Dobbs. I have three - two in brown - so have added this to the college fundraiser. Rich deep brown color and luxurious suede finish felt is difficult to describe and photograph... the second picture captures the character best. Signature overcast stitch on raw brim and self ribbon. This hat is in excellent condition inside and out.

Full size 7 1/8 with 2 1/2" brim, 4 3/4" crown as I have it creased.

$195 included Paypal and delivery fees (continental U.S. - other areas by actual cost.)

gay1.jpg

gay2.jpg

gay3.jpg

gay4.jpg

gay5.jpg

gay6.jpg

Last edited:
Alonge et Cie mid century back bow

Bonjour mes amis... Here we have a French flavored fedora of unknown origins (there have been a couple to surface on the Lounge over the years). Not Johnny Depp and not quite Johnny Belmondo, but somewhere in between.

3347820608_c027acf59b_o.jpg

Size is not marked but fits my 22 1/8 head well. Deep brown fur felt with an over welt brim edge - 2" with a ribbon just about as tall and bow to the back. 4 1/2 crown as I have it creased. Evidence of a prior life but not les miserables... the hat is in good condition. Unusual and priced accordingly.

$65 and yes, shipping is included.

alonge1.jpg

alonge2.jpg

alonge3.jpg

alonge4.jpg

alonge5.jpg

alonge6.jpg

Borsalino Como

Modern Borsalino Como in taupe... one of those cantankerous colors to photograph, though these come close. A green/gray with warmer contrasting ribbon. Classic design with 2 5/8" brim and a full crown (5" as shown with center dent and side pinches). The felt is a soft and supple nod to the quality of mid century Borsalinos but without the memory. Though I found steam necessary to hold these creases, the felt is lightweight and of very nice quality. Decorative stitch detailing at the edge of the brim. The interior details found in modern Borsos are... well, modern. In very good condition inside and out. I have worn it only a few times.

size 7 1/8. Price a c-note less than the lowest price I could find on the interweb - $150 - delivered to your door as long as your door is not separated from mine by an ocean or another country.

newborso1.jpg

newborso2.jpg

newborso3.jpg

newborso4.jpg

newborso5.jpg

newborso6.jpg

newborso7.jpg

SOLD**Borsalino Packable Hat

We see a lot of vintage Borsalinos advertised as "rollable" when they are in fact not. This modern Borso with its grosgrain sweatband (like the vintage Pocket Hat) is truly rollable for travel. Sage color green fur felt can be worn brim up in back and down in front, but I've always preferred it down fore and aft. 2 1/2" brim and 4 1/2" crown as creased. Excellent original condition - I've only worn it once inside a suitcase on a stowaway adventure where it turned out to be too warm to wear a fur felt hat. Says rain-proof - has not been tested but I have my doubts.

size 7 1/8... now a discontinued model. Delmonico has it for $247. Lily's college special - $95... delivered.

newborsoa.jpg

newborsob.jpg

newborsoc.jpg

newborsod.jpg

Last edited:

Silent_Gray_Fellow

New in Town
Hello Again Alan,
Not sure What happened but I believe I fixed it and the email regarding the Gray Borsalino was finally sent. It took me 2 more attempts but
it has finally gone through. My apologies. Seems that I'll have to learn to navigate my way through the lounge.
Anyway, I will be talking to you soon.
Many many thanks.
Timm

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Interested in the Peschel, Alan. Will send a PM later this week if that's alright.

triple-d

A-List Customer
Some very nice offerings at good prices......mmmm, going to have to break out a measureing device....7 1/4 usually, bnut some 7 1/8 will fit. Very nice hats Alan.

triple-d

A-List Customer
ok....I'm thining I can stretch to 7 1/4 on some hats. I'm going to measure the noggin with the soft tape measure.....

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I'll be listing a number of hats for sale on this thread over the coming days. Lily says thank you!

Allan, given the cost of college nowadays, a better plan might be for you to keep your hats and, instead, teach Lily how to throw a 95 MPH fastball for at least six innings...or how to maintain a 65% three-pointer average from two steps behind the line. ;)

AF

Silent_Gray_Fellow

New in Town
Good morning Alan,
I have sent an email, but thought I'd let you know here as well. payment was sent for the Gray Borsalino
Many thanks for everything
timm

Thank you Timm and all for visiting my garage sale. The gray Borso is sold and the Dobbs, rollable Borso and Peschel are currently reserved for pending sales.

Will update and add some more as we clean these out!

cheers,
Alan

Thursday evening update...

The packable Borso, tan and gray Alessandria Borso and brown Gay Prince are now sold.

The contemporary Borsalino Como and stylish Alonge et Cie remain available.

I will continue looking to see what else I have that might tempt you.

Thanks for looking - enjoy your hats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran