Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Live Theatre - Lounger's Appearances and Stories

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Dan you always have great projects in the works! I'd love to see you perform.

Our show is an original work, written this year. The Actress who played Susan B also did makeup. Outstanding job.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Lead-Ladies.png

Just finished a run of Leading Ladies, which sold out every night after the opening. It was pants-pee funny.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Currently in rehearsal for Lend Me a Tenor. I play Saunders, the Manager of the Cleveland Grand Opera. This is doubtless one of my very favorite roles I've done. And the show itself is ridiculously funny!

AntonAAK

Practically Family
Not seen this thread before. Here's some photos of a recent production of Breaking The Code that I directed.

IMG_1918.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_2151.jpg

Just finished a couple of weeks ago. I don't know what to do with my evenings now...
Anton

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Lend Me a Tenor went fantastically well. A great script, and a really great cast. This is a backstage shot. Saunders and Maria.

web.jpg

Attachments

• PhotofromOct22011.jpg
    PhotofromOct22011.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 135
  • web.jpg
    web.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 135

thecardigankid

One of the Regulars
I've done theater pretty much all my life, though the last year and a half I haven't done anything due to my job. But I have done everything under the sun, from musicals to straight plays, lighting and scenery to casting and directing.

My all time favorite experience was when I played E.K. Hornsbeck in "Inherit The Wind" in one particular scene I played opposite a live monkey and even though the ape didn't have any lines it sure liked to talk back to me so I had to change my lines a little to coincide with the monkey noises.

The last play I did was "You're A Good Man Charlie Brown" where I played Linus. I love the music from that show. The song Happiness was especially emotional during the final performance, with such a small cast we had all grown very close.

Love theater and will continue to support it all of my days!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Completely blew an audition Monday night. For Salieri in Amadeus. A role that any man who is serious about this would like to get his hands on. Ah well.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Hey, you never know about auditions, Scot.
Recently I've become involved with the Columbia University graduate program in directing. A year ago I performed in an adaptation of 3 Anton Chekhov plays, "The Wedding", "The Proposal", and "Swan Song". The director melded three one act comedies into a single narrative. It was quite effective and fun.
Last month I was in a production of Harold Pinter's "The Hothouse", and currently I'm in Chekhov's "Platonov". "Platonov" was Chekhov's first play, and sat in a drawer till after his death. It's really 6 hours worth of fragments, but a very workable script has been assembled by our director, who is a student in the Columbia Masters program.
One great thing about doing college and off off Broadway shows in New York is that you get to work with lots of experienced Equity people, as well as talented young people just starting their careers.
"Platonov" only runs Friday, Dec. 16th at 8, and Saturday Dec. 17th at 2 and 8. Tickets are free, if anyone's interested, and can be got by emailing platonovinrussia@gmail.com .

AntonAAK

Practically Family
Last month I was in a production of Harold Pinter's "The Hothouse", and currently I'm in Chekhov's "Platonov". "Platonov" was Chekhov's first play, and sat in a drawer till after his death. It's really 6 hours worth of fragments, but a very workable script has been assembled by our director, who is a student in the Columbia Masters program.
One great thing about doing college and off off Broadway shows in New York is that you get to work with lots of experienced Equity people, as well as talented young people just starting their careers.
"Platonov" only runs Friday, Dec. 16th at 8, and Saturday Dec. 17th at 2 and 8. Tickets are free, if anyone's interested, and can be got by emailing platonovinrussia@gmail.com .

That sounds interesting. Those fragments were also re-worked into a play called Wild Honey by Michael Frayn which is very funny. I'd be interested to see another treatment.

If I was on your side of the pond I'd definitely come along.

Hope it goes well for you!
Anton

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I wish I could come to see someof you in your productions. That would be a blast.

The last shows I did were quite a few years ago. I was part of a local cabaret group. We did a lot of show tunes, and I did a few non-broadway solo numbers, which was exciting. I also played some hand drums during a tune or two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou