Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

London Fog Ex-Long Trench Coat

cwmcynon

New in Town
I bought this gem on ebay two weeks ago - £29 (including postage). I ironed out the creases with a steam iron and it looks as if it's worth a few hundred pounds. This is no lightweight coat, coming down well below the knees and, at 52 inches long, it keeps my trousers dry even in heavy rain. It goes well over a three-piece pinstripe suit and a light grey fedora/trilby. Just need a short back and sides with the hair greased down to complete the look.

Coat Front.png

Coat Back.jpg

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Looks like an excellent coat and much better overall quality than London Fog is normally associated with. Including that hook and eye at the throat, which I haven't seen on any Fog coats for a long time. Great find!

By the way, we have a loooong thread on trench coats.

cwmcynon

New in Town
Looks like an excellent coat and much better overall quality than London Fog is normally associated with. Including that hook and eye at the throat, which I haven't seen on any Fog coats for a long time. Great find!

By the way, we have a loooong thread on trench coats.
Many of the vintage coats and suits were of high quality. I have a 1940s navy double breasted suit which even has a pocket for theatre tickets and buttons for braces. Bought in a charity shop in Bournemouth 9 years ago for £9.50 it looks real quality.

Edward

Bartender
With care and patience, you can land deals like this on eBay if you know what to look for. I've bought a few trenchcoats over the years; paid about £80 once for a Burberry - that took a lot of searching. I also owned a Grenfell that was every bit (at least) the equal of the Burberry. The Grenfell cost me £25. The difference? a less fashionable name that fewer eBayers put in the search box....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112