Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Long Halfbelt - How Long?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I have 2 long half belts - both Austrailan made (one in kangaroo hide). They are size 44 and are 30 inches long at the back. As a rule they are not quite 3/4 lenght jackets, but shorter. Mind you, I am six feet two, so 30 inches of jacket looks very different on me than someone who is five ten.

Sharpe

New in Town
I have 2 long half belts - both Austrailan made (one in kangaroo hide). They are size 44 and are 30 inches long at the back. As a rule they are not quite 3/4 lenght jackets, but shorter. Mind you, I am six feet two, so 30 inches of jacket looks very different on me than someone who is five ten.

Where in Australia can I buy a nice half belt?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Where in Australia can I buy a nice half belt?

Probably the most famous and respected leather jacket maker in the country is in your town. It's Mars Leathers in Elizabeth Street CBD. Poor website, so go in and talk to them. I have bought around 10 jackets from them over 25 years.

Their long half-belt is called an Easyrider. The Mars guys don't generally use the term half-belt, so don't be shocked if they look blank. They have made some of these classic patterns for a coupel of lifetimes. They can custom make you a standard half belt but it isn't a standard item. You're looking at around $600.

They do 3.5oz bike leather which is to heavy and warm in Melbourne 85% of the time. I get mine made in lighter grade bike leather. I guess it's about 2.5oz. I don't ride a bike so it's perfect.

Last edited:

Philalethes

A-List Customer

Thanks for the reply, Seb.

I suppose it is safe to say then that a long halfbelt is in between hip-length and butt-length.

BTW, I would love to see a jacket made out of kangaroo hide. I have a kangaroo hat from Coastline Hat Co., and it is really some tough leather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy