Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Long Lost Leathers

PoohBang

Suspended
I think everyone here has sold a jacket in the past and I know I sure have. I'd love to know where some of them wind up.

Especially one Aero Highwayman I once owned and loved. Actually my first Aero Highwayman.

A brown Horse FQHH, brown cotton lined and sized 44, and made by Edith.

Last scene about 2001-2002ish and it went to Paris France via the USA...sold on Ebay.

anyone know the wearabouts of this one?

andy richards

Practically Family
Interesting thread!
The best thing to start on this little project is to find the First Source...
If you sold your jacket on eBay, I suggest to find the buyer and drop him an email. Maybe he is still active as an eBayer...
Once I have done this with a car, but as there are no registration numbers on a jacket, it sure will be difficult...
Good luck,
Andy

Navin323i

Practically Family
Good thread!

PoohBang - Not sure if you saw my post from a while back but I was reunited with a leather jacket that I parted with 14 years ago while a college student (jacket was traded by my brother to a mutual friend for a set of Indian tablas and 14 years later I contacted my friend to see if he still had the jacket and sure enough he did and also wanted his tablas back so the jacket is mine again). Best part is that the jacket still fits me. The link to the thread is below, but hopefully this will help inspire you to find your jacket. ;)

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=49090

PoohBang

Suspended
good story Navin... happy ending too...

As to the ebay auction we're talking an auction of at least 8 years ago. They don't keep records that long ago.

I was hoping maybe just by chance that guy would be a member here... extreme long shot I know...

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
Not to hijack a thread, but I like the way this going....we all have the "I sold the jacket regrets". I sold an A-2, size 40 Willis&Geiger on ebay. Sold it to a gent in Texas. It had "swinging on a star" painted on the back. Straight from the book Ready For Duty. Awesome earlies 80s jacket. My first A-2. Anyone here buy it?

Navin323i

Practically Family
PoohBang said:
good story Navin... happy ending too...

As to the ebay auction we're talking an auction of at least 8 years ago. They don't keep records that long ago.

I was hoping maybe just by chance that guy would be a member here... extreme long shot I know...

Here's an idea that might help you... I assume that after your eBay transaction both you and the jacket buyer left feedback for each other? If you look thru your feedback you should be able to find the eBay name of the person who bought your jacket. Then you can message him on eBay. :)

PoohBang

Suspended
Navin323i said:
Here's an idea that might help you... I assume that after your eBay transaction both you and the jacket buyer left feedback for each other? If you look thru your feedback you should be able to find the eBay name of the person who bought your jacket. Then you can message him on eBay. :)

Excellent idea... esp. if he said "nice jacket" or something as if you click on the auction it won't show up anymore...

I'll go check it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn