Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Long-rise trousers

Vardeman Sneed

Familiar Face
How does one 'wear' long-rise trousers? (Serious question)

Is it a matter of where the waistband rides (at navel level, just below the navel, or a chest level)? Or, is it more a matter of how the crotch of the pants rides (hugging the 'twins', letting them breathe, or strangling them)?

The reason I ask, is that I recently bought my first pair of long-rise dress wool trousers. When I wore them to allow the salesperson to mark for 'full break' hems (flat front - no cuff), I wore the waistband just below navel level. Now that I've worn the trousers, I find that they feel better with the waistband right at navel level. Unfortunately, I end up seeing more of my socks than I like, but that can be fixed.

To get a general idea about my structure, I'm 6'2" tall with a 33" inseam. My shirts are 17.5" x 37" in tall sizes. My suits are 48Ls and 50Ls.

How do the members of FL wear their long-rise trousers?

Qadain

New in Town
60CycleHum said:
How do the members of FL wear their long-rise trousers?

Waistband a bit above the navel.

I think it refers to where the waistband is, not where the pants crotch is. It'd be called "low-dip" instead of "high-rise" if it referred to where the crotch is. :)

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I like mine to sit roughly at navel level. I usually wear them with suspenders as belts just don't keep them where I like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner