Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Look! Up in the Sky!

Wiseguy A

Toonami Digital Arsenal is closing out the year by posting the complete Fleischer/Famous Studios Superman Film Series - one episode per day until 2005!

In the early 1940s, this series raised the bar for theatrical shorts with its fluid animation and action-packed storylines. It remains a classic series thanks to its high production values and historical significance not only as the first comic-to-film ad aptation, but also as an occasional vehicle for American propaganda during the war.

TDA will post a new episode every day in the original order of release. Be sure to visit often to collect each one.

Episodes are 480x352 and range from 30-60MB in filesize.

http://www.toonamiarsenal.com/features/superman/

Jedburgh OSS

One of the Regulars
I've seen some of these on $1 discs at those Dollar Tree stores, and the animation movements are better than most of the cartoons today. Several years ago I got some exact reprints of Action Comics #1 that introduced Superman and use them at the living history events. I'll leave one setting about 3/4 uncovered under something, and when someone recognizes it I just act nonchalant about it.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Those were the best. I'll have to check my DVDs and see if I have all the carttoons or if I need to download some.
Thanks.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy