Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking at a couple possibilities...need some feedback (jacket).

You guys offer up great advice. Although, I now am back to more confused than before ;)
Back to the drawing board. And @nick123 - I do like the olive a lot. And the grain on yours is amazing. Only thing that just put me back on the Vicenza was the recent pics on the Aero page of one and the hide was kinda awful looking. So I guess I'll keep thinking and looking around.
You'd think that it would get easier, but no. Not one bit.
Man I think a CR would be perfect on you Butte. Seriously. Why not the CR in olive? That color is perfect for almost anything but I think nick's A-1 or a CR in it is a no brainer slam dunk, home run, triple crown what have you.

Man I think a CR would be perfect on you Butte. Seriously. Why not the CR in olive? That color is perfect for almost anything but I think nick's A-1 or a CR in it is a no brainer slam dunk, home run, triple crown what have you.
Now that's a new idea = the CR in Olive. Don't know why Nick thinks I don't like his as I most certainly do. Jeez, I'm actually disappointed in myself for this being so difficult.

Now that's a new idea = the CR in Olive. Don't know why Nick thinks I don't like his as I most certainly do. Jeez, I'm actually disappointed in myself for this being so difficult.
It's an agonizing decision. I went back and forth over which shawl collared jacket to get before scrapping the whole thing for another cross zip. And I went from Cherry to Brown.... But I really, really like that olive shade. It's got a lot of grey in it which really makes it super appealing to me. The natural hide is great too but certainly less predictable. Taking your time is a good thing! It's not like these are cheap. Measure twice, cut once!

nick123

I'll Lock Up

Huh? I never thought that! Lost in internet translation. I figured you were fixated on the natty color. If that's negotiable I'm taking over the wheel and kindly steering you over to olive or navy.:)

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’ll just leave this here for you Butte.

c88318f274abb02f5fcb22f3549932e5.jpg

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
How about an Aero version of the Greedo? Olive Vicenza sleeves and collar, with a natural body.

I think the jacket would look too « pastel », too bland.

To make it work color wise the olive and natural should be a shade darker.

I’ll just leave this here for you Butte.

c88318f274abb02f5fcb22f3549932e5.jpg

Now that’s a thought, but if I remember correctly Butte doesn’t have a good opinion of Dave.

Now that’s a thought, but if I remember correctly Butte doesn’t have a good opinion of Dave.
I don't think it's that but I believe he had the same experience I had when I tried a few on here in Chicago at Mildblend. The jackets I saw were pretty underwhelming, frankly nothing like the ones I've seen posted here. And a faaaar cry from your CR, dudes grizzly and super's half belts.

Graemsay

Practically Family

The natural would darken up over time, so that's not so much of an issue. However, I'd go for Blackened Brown for the second shade if I was doing a two-tone Vicenza jacket.

A-1-navy.png
Huh? I never thought that! Lost in internet translation. I figured you were fixated on the natty color. If that's negotiable I'm taking over the wheel and kindly steering you over to olive or navy.:)
OK, we're on the same level here, Nick. I saw a navy A-1 on the Thurston instagram, and I ping'd the guy who owns it for wear shots, but never heard back. It's navy Vincenza and light knits - I'll try to find the pic and post it. I"m embarrassed how much I'm unable to commit to something...thanks ALL for the continued nudging.
Only thing I think I'd change in that pic above is a darker contrast stitch. Maybe more like the knits or a shade lighter...the (what looks like) white is too much for me with the blue.

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
^That A-1 looks really nice. Here here Butte...you're in "something fun, something a little off the wall" territory. First, and foremost, make sure you'll wear it. While a "Greedo" jacket may look really cool, that'd be one I'd just look at, rather than have the cajones to wear. Do it, but don't overdo it.

I think you're on a great track thinking one of the colored leathers, but keep the jacket simple. An A-1 or Cafe Racer in a monotone color would be your ticket. Though, with the A-1 knits, you run into a dilemna of finding a suitable knit color companion to the leather. It's really swing or a miss with the knits. I'd go for something complimentary to the leather color...browns/oatmeals work, but it'll never achieve the balance of a non-knitted jacket. My A-1's oatmeal knits work because both the green and brown take in the light nicely, producing a heavenly glow... but there still remains a color contrast despite. And you do have your LW A-1 with the contrasting knits already. Hmmm..

I see a home run with a cafe racer, and a steal home from third with an A-1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21