Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking at a couple possibilities...need some feedback (jacket).

IXL

One Too Many
Scott, I see nothing wrong with getting any jacket in the natural. Everyone around here always goes gaa-gaa over jackets featuring a developed "patina," and the natural develops just that. Of course it will look a bit soiled, but that is to say....lived in and broken in.

At one time you were considering an Aero J-106 in a two-tone. It is still out there.....calling you.....can you hear it? :)

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you all for the good wishes. We may still try and make a run for it. The weird thing about this storm, and any storm, is that you really have no idea where it will go right up until the last minute. I'm thinking that the way things look now this place will be a mess for some time, so it might just make sense to head for the hills. I've got a Fish and Wildlife officer for a neighbor, and he's keeping us informed of the latest developments, so we're going to see what's up early tomorrow.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Thank you all for the good wishes. We may still try and make a run for it. The weird thing about this storm, and any storm, is that you really have no idea where it will go right up until the last minute. I'm thinking that the way things look now this place will be a mess for some time, so it might just make sense to head for the hills. I've got a Fish and Wildlife officer for a neighbor, and he's keeping us informed of the latest developments, so we're going to see what's up early tomorrow.

Evacuation of a large metropolitan area is especially problematic because the highways are not equipped to handle the load. As I recall when Ike devastated Galveston Island, an attempt was made to evacuate Houston that was a nightmare to the extent many simply turned around and went back home. Fortunately Ike, unlike Harvey, had very little impact on Houston although it destroyed Galveston. I think too many Houstonians remembered Ike and stayed home for Harvey.

Bob, if you stay put, one consideration might be to try to locate a parking garage nearby, especially if you anticipate flooding in your area. Again, we'll be thinking of you over the next few days and hoping for the best for you and yours.

tropicalbob

A Seven in natural would be a good look, I reckon. Maybe two tone with the green?
That would be fantastic to watch as it broke in. Imagine it after five years of constant wear. I really like the Thedi forest green and keep seeing it paired with the amber in the BL style.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
How about one of these with a collar?
IMG_0959.JPG

You could do the stripe paired with the sleeve gussets in a different color. Too stripey? Or even just focus on a constrasting thread color for the stripes?

ProteinNerd

How about one of these with a collar?
View attachment 85469

You could do the stripe paired with the sleeve gussets in a different color. Too stripey? Or even just focus on a constrasting thread color for the stripes?

If that's the Blackened Brown, I'm thinking the stripes in Dark Seal.....or do the jacket in dark seal and the stripes in seal....I may or may not be toying with this very idea myself lol

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Scott, I'd be careful trying to go with anything too ostentacious with which you might tire of quickly. Below is an Aero Seven in natural Vicenza horsehide that Carrie posted last week that looks elegant, simple, and understated that might just be the ticket IF you want to go with natural horsehide. Of course you could go with a Board Racer instead of the Seven, depending on which collar design you want. Then your biggest decision would be choice of lining.

Aero Seven Natural Vicenza Horsehide 88D front.jpg

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Prote - that is profound and you've just articulated something I've always had on the tip of my tongue but without clarity. There are many jackets that look ultra cool as designs by themselves but they don't look all that good when worn. (Unless you are ton, who seems to pull off more than most.) And sometimes it's just that they don't look any good on me. Which may be watered down version of your insight, Prote. I know now that I can't wear a cross zip jacket or a jacket with too many buttons and a shawl collar. Or a jacket with more than one colour. I just have the wrong vibe, I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy