Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking at a couple possibilities...need some feedback (jacket).

apba1166

A-List Customer
The best choice for the natural in my opinion is a jean jacket. Or maybe a midweight premier highwayman. Because they are classic styles, and have been done in lighter colors over the years by any number of makers in various leathers, so it calls less attention than something with a lot of gewgaws like halfbelt jackets and things with zipped sleeves and so on. I have had any number of light colored leathers over the years, natural and dyed both, deerskin mostly, and they yellow/gold fine. you can sponge off or even oil it down the road to darken it if you want.

zebedee

One Too Many
Anything with ridges is going to catch and accumulate dirt; smooth surfaces will darken. Rather than go with the natural hide, I'd pick a battered tan or red fox hide (if Aero is doing it).

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have seen the two-tone Thedi when I was at their shop, it looks fantastic. And I sincerely believe it would look good on you.
I would have been very tempted to get it were it not for the fact that I already have a grey Cafe racer from them.

SJC

Suspended
So guys and gals, been thinking of a new jacket. Initially, I was hooked on those Thedi racers with the diamond shoulders, etc. - possibly even in the two-tone or just the natural hide.
Then, @Carrie @ Thurston Bros. started posting some natural Aero's and I think I really want something between the two makes in a natural hide. Leaning towards a simple style like the Buco racer, Aero "7" or Board Racer.
I really need to drop 20 lbs. All right in the mid-section. You can see it in my pics from June in Ireland.
Interested in your collective thoughts as we're in jacket weather limbo.
I tend to want zip-sleeves, so keep that in mind. I also don't zip up often, FWIW unless I go somewhere colder...

View attachment 84830
Stay away from the diamond quilted shoulders. Looks to feminine to me.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Man, my wife is bumming me out with the biker jacket hate right now. I trust her, but I'm on the fence this time.
Maybe I need to see what SHE wants for our anniversary next week before I choose. Women. ;)
It is amazing how one's perception of the extrinsic value of a jacket is influenced by one's better half. :D

SJC

Suspended
Thanks all. I knew that the natural piece would draw some hesitation, and I'm sure you're all right, but I'm so torn on that.
I like the Thedi design with two-tone which could alleviate some of that mess. Dunno, am I too old to rock that?
You are NEVER too old to rock anything! Buy it.

SJC

Suspended
What do you think of this bud? It would look great with your boots .

Attachments

• IMG_5109.PNG
    IMG_5109.PNG
    928.1 KB · Views: 305

tropicalbob

It is amazing how one's perception of the extrinsic value of a jacket is influenced by one's better half. :D
The thing is that one of the reasons you married her is because you respected her opinion (she chose you, right?), so you kind of have to seriously consider what she says. Then, of course, you're free to completely ignore it - - at your peril.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The thing is that one of the reasons you married her is because you respected her opinion (she chose you, right?), so you kind of have to seriously consider what she says. Then, of course, you're free to completely ignore it - - at your peril.
Very true all of that. On a more serious note please keep us updated that you are OK from the effects of Irma that appears to be a category 5 hurricane barreling directly into Miami. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you affected by this monster of a storm.

Caved in and ordered the Thurston Olive A-1. I am going to hell. :) Once your fingers are poised over the "buy" button suddenly the thought of "can I wear this color?" permeates the neurons, but I ran it by the gf and if she says yes, yes.
So now you and Worf will have one? Hmm, I was thinking the A-1 in natural. I do miss my GW A-1 and it might be the ticket...
Congrats dude. Awesome - you'll look great!
Has anyone done the A-1 in natural yet???

tropicalbob

Very true all of that. On a more serious note please keep us updated that you are OK from the effects of Irma that appears to be a category 5 hurricane barreling directly into Miami. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you affected by this monster of a storm.
Thanks very much. My son and I were going to leave last night, but the reports on the highway back-ups were terrible. So, we spent the day putting up the shutters and getting supplies. Now all we can do is wait and pray. Thankfully, my wife is up north with her mother. We all hope it misses by just a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana