Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a 1940's style Hollywood jacket.

Ethan Douglas

Familiar Face
Does anybody know if someone is making reproductions of a jacket like this? It's proportioned perfectly, not going too far past the waist, like other "hollywood" jackets. I'd love to get one made, just not sure where to start. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190901-084949.png
    Screenshot_20190901-084949.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 607

GHT

I'll Lock Up
You don't say where you are based. I know of two tailors in London that can reproduce an authentic replica. As an aside, whilst having a quick search for your jacket I came across an identical blazer to the one that I bought last week. Mine was all but new, £85. The one on the website was £700. I have just felt extremely smug.

Ethan Douglas

Familiar Face
You don't say where you are based. I know of two tailors in London that can reproduce an authentic replica. As an aside, whilst having a quick search for your jacket I came across an identical blazer to the one that I bought last week. Mine was all but new, £85. The one on the website was £700. I have just felt extremely smug.
I didn't think to put my location, but you're right I should have! I'm in the US. Bully for you on your find, that's awesome!

Ethan Douglas

Familiar Face
Unfortunately I'm around a 44r. Which I'm guessing wasn't too common for originals. That's why I figured I'd need to get a repro made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana