Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a cheaper version of this coat..

doghouse

One of the Regulars
Anyone know where I could find a similar style leather coat that is a little easier on the pocketbook?
PeaCoat-7.jpg

http://lostworldsinc.com/Horsehide_Leather_Pea_Coat.htm

- Wallace

29 toter

New in Town
Doghouse, you picked a good one. I can't seem to convince my wife that our lives would be better if I bought this coat. She's a tough sell.

In an case, are you looking for the U.S. peacoat in leather/horsehide or will a foreign peacoat do? Aero makes one new called the Mariner ($804) it's listed under the "new styles" button. But the Mariner has German lines. A fine looking coat just a little different. Also you could look on ebay. or Schott sells a leather peacoat... but I don't think it looks as good as the Lost Worlds one. Also there is Wested leather they make a U-boat coat for about $350. Traders of the lost surplus also sell reproductions of U-boat coats $450.

I don't know what size you are but did you look at the sale section of the Lost Worlds site? They have two horsehide peacoats on sale one black, one brown, both half price. Or LW offers the coat you showed above in cow for less money $750 vs. $950 for horsehide.

In the end quality costs. So I'm saving up. But if you find someone I didn't mention please post it here. I'd love to learn of other options.

Take care and good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters