Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking For: beige/off-white fedora

Time

New in Town
Damn, I knew that white/beige fedoras were uncommon, but I didn't know that they were this uncommon.

I found this, but it's too small.

Last edited:

m0nk

One Too Many
Honestly it might take more than a few days to find the perfect hat... I've been waiting 3+ years for mine and ended up ordering a custom made one with the specs I'm after. It should arrive in March and yet I'm still checking ebay daily.

Time

New in Town
Honestly it might take more than a few days to find the perfect hat... I've been waiting 3+ years for mine and ended up ordering a custom made one with the specs I'm after. It should arrive in March and yet I'm still checking ebay daily.

You're right. I might just end up ordering a custom made hat myself.

Time

New in Town
Found a couple of interesting hats on eBay, all located in the USA. Hopefully I can get one cheap.

Edward

Bartender
Sigh. If anyone living in London knows of a good place to buy hats, please let me know. I've heard of Radio Days, anyone know if that place is any good?

Bates and Lock will be able to do you exactly what you want...... but at a hefty price, of course. It's a rare colour you're after. Why don't you want a Powell - has Matt sold out of them, or is there a specific difference in what you want?

m0nk

One Too Many
Bates and Lock will be able to do you exactly what you want...... but at a hefty price, of course. It's a rare colour you're after. Why don't you want a Powell - has Matt sold out of them, or is there a specific difference in what you want?
Even if he was specifically after the Deckard Powell, I don't know that he's found a new vendor for those yet. The hats are no longer listed for sale on his site, either.

Time

New in Town

Well I would just buy the Powell, but I believe Matt's supplier is no longer making the hats for him anymore and I don't think it's in my budget hence why I haven't gone to Bates or Lock. I've seen a few great hats on eBay, however it is a rare colour I am looking for as you said. Most of the hats slip past me due to shipping costs from the USA where these rare hats are mostly located.

Time

New in Town
Maybe consider getting an Akubra Campdraft, they have made an off white now and again. You might have it reshaped, brim cut. It has a high crown that you shape to the way you want it. Ribbon swap?

It's a possibility, although it would probably be a last resort since I'd hate to have to alter a hat so much. Thanks for the suggestion.

Purplesage

One Too Many
As the title suggests, I'm looking for a vintage beige or off/white fedora with a 2" ribbon and a 2.5" brim, similar to Matt Deckard's Powell Fedora. My preferred hat size is 7 - 7 1/8 UK size, so plus one for US size. I have no set budget, but I'm not looking to spend too much money on this hat, so I don't expect a top of the range hat. Also, I'd prefer a vintage hat, but I wouldn't mind a modern one, as long as it is decent quality. Oh and another important thing, as you may have already guessed (since I mentioned UK hat sizing), I am from the UK.

Hope someone has got something to offer me, I have been looking all over eBay, but everything seems to be in the wrong size or won't ship to the UK from the USA. Thanks.

I have a very light gray Mallory size 7. I normally wear a size 7 1/8 but I can wear this hat because it is on the larger side of size 7. I will ship to the UK if you are interested. I'll send some photos if you would like if you provide me with your email.
David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou