Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for deadstock satin silk

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Hi,

Due to some very poor judgement on my part, the silk lapels on a 30's tuxedo of mine were damaged. My only solution is to search for a tailor or clothier who can hopefully re-line the lapels with new silk. Beyond possible complications such as whether this is even possible, I am looking for several yards of (hopefully) deadstock vintage satin silk comparable to what would be found on a vintage tuxedo. I do not have a budget for this material, if it can be found... Also, any recommendations as to a skilled tailor that may be able to perform this work, would be so helpful. Please contact me if you think you can help me. Again, I am willing to pay very well should the right material be presented.

Thank you

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Thank you for the link and information! I wanted vintage fabric preferably from the same time period for the sake of continuity, however it looks as if that is not going to happen so I can use the modern stuff fine as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran