Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for Pin-up Help

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
Ladies and Gents,

I've come to you fine folks for some help. I'm looking for "behind the scenes" pin-up pictures. Pictures of the actual girls in the process of being drawn and posing for the artists. I've seen one or two of these pictures in pin-up books, but haven't been able to find anything else online or else where. Do any of you know of any resource for these kind of pictures? Or does this even make sense?? I know this group is very knowlegable and figured this would be the best place to go.

Thank you!!

Grace

Vendor
There's a website called 'The Pin Up Files' that has works of the great pin up artists, including contemporary artists.

There are some behind the scenes pics there under some of the artists.

Good luck!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Elvgren used his daughter a lot for his model.

Most artists hired models and used them. If they had a rapport with the model, they would keep them.

I would email the Elvgren website and see if they had any info.

LD

Dr. Shocker

One of the Regulars
Madison, I have a huge collection of pin up files and only a few photo's mostly the elvgren you have already seen.......is there a particular shot you are looking for or somthing I can help you with......and hey new 805ers yeah

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
Dr. Shocker said:
Madison, I have a huge collection of pin up files and only a few photo's mostly the elvgren you have already seen.......is there a particular shot you are looking for or somthing I can help you with......and hey new 805ers yeah

HAH! Ventura, I see! I love it there! My boyfriend is also in here, Mr. Maltby and of course, also from Santa Barbara! Nice to meet you!

I'm not looking for any picture in particular picture, just MORE pictures. If you woudn't mind sending over the pictures you already have, I would love to have them as actual files.

Thank you everyone for the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart