Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looks Like I'll be Flipping a Vanson Enfield 42 in a Few Month's (I hope)

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
It's not like I think you guys are dying to know my latest thoughts, but I'm going through what I've read other's go through and "misery demands company." I came down with a medical problem that doesn't seem like it'll be too bad if I watch my diet (like a hawk.) Pain is a greater motivator by far than vanity in my case; so now that I'm going really low fat/no desserts, it seems like just a matter of time before this 42 Enfield outgrows me. Truth told, I always thought it was too big and too long, but I rationalized that this way I could layer. BTW I got it on ebay for $355 in the last few seconds. Another guy bid $350, also in the last few seconds, so at least one person thinks I got an okay deal. I bid on a 42 because my Vanson Teton is a Medium which is 42-44. The Enfield's like new, which was apparent in the ebay ad and, other than size, it's a great jacket.
Actually, I'm one of those "safety first" bikers (Vespa LX150, thank you very much), so I usually wear my armored Teton; but I wanted the Enfield to wear to a lunch date or whatever and probably also because I used to have a similar jacket in my salad days. The funny thing is, as much as I like the Enfield, I'm not wearing it as much as I thought I would. I also like the great venting on the Teton
Long story short: I'm not there yet by a long shot, but if and when I do, I'll try selling it on ebay (alerting this board) and get something to replace it that's really "cherce." One thing I learned is that I really don't want or need that second jacket to big enough for layering and besides, "if you've got it, flaunt it" so I plan on something really slimming like a Vanson Comet or I do dig the Aero Rocker. It'll be fun thinking about it.

Photoon2012-01-04at1246.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters