Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loop-collar shirts

volatile

A-List Customer
Can anyone reccommend a good source for repro 50s-style loop-collar shirts? I can so rarely find ones in my size on Ebay (small) in the colours I'm after - and it seems no late 40s or 50s casual look is complete without a loop-collar!

HodgePodge

One of the Regulars
Montego Mon

See if you can find a golf/department store that carries Dockers' 'Montego Mon' line of clothes. It's like a poor man's Tommy Bahama. Still made of silk, but for around half the price. I don't know for sure if they still make them, but a couple years ago I picked up a shortsleeved loop collared shirt by them for a party I was invited to.

volatile

A-List Customer
Excellent! Thanks for the heads up, everyone. All those brands seem to be easily available on Ebay, too.

It does seem that they run large - the Tommy Bahama smalls seem to be about 40-42 chest - but I guess that's the relaxed fit...

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
jimmy the lid said:
Nat Nast -- 40's, 50's vibe, loop collars, great styles, great colors.
There's an eBay seller who deals in Nat Nast samples, at 70-80% off retail.

volatile

A-List Customer
This is why I stayed away from the lounge for so long - coming back here just makes me want to spend money like it's going out of fashion! I just snagged 2 really nice Tommy Bahamas shirts from Ebay; a green short-sleeve and a reddish long sleeve!

Lovely shirts, but curse you, Fedora Lounge! :D

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I have dozens of vintage loop-collar shirts, both long-sleeved and short, and I see lots of medium-sized ones (as well as some sized small) on eBay. And given the disparity between vintage and modern sizing, you might just find many of the mediums would suit you fine (certainly as well as a Tommy Bahama with a 40-42 inch chest).

Go by the measurements as offered by most vendors, not by the stated size.

Vintage shirts are much preferable to contemporary ones, in my opinion, and I suspect you can find plenty of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR