Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds B2

Roma

A-List Customer
Actually anybody who could advise on what leather is better for this particular jacket, please, provide your input. I would be really grateful since I've just ordered the jacket but haven't decided on the leather oz. Thanks.

Last edited:

avique

One of the Regulars
How much does yours weigh? What leather is best for it, 3,5 or 4 oz? Thanks.

I haven't weighed it since it arrived but I think it weighed in at around 7 lbs. Maybe a bit more. The horse hide is thick and tough as nail but it does take time to break in. I wish I lived in a cooler climate so I had more opportunity to wear it.

Roma

A-List Customer
I haven't weighed it since it arrived but I think it weighed in at around 7 lbs. Maybe a bit more. The horse hide is thick and tough as nail but it does take time to break in. I wish I lived in a cooler climate so I had more opportunity to wear it.
Thanks!

Отправлено с моего SM-T815 через Tapatalk

strokes1251

Practically Family

What he said boy do i wish i lived somewhere i could wear the hell out of this. I can barely wear my lw a2 without feeling to hot

Roma

A-List Customer
The collar on the B-2 is the best part. It's great when you're out in a cold wind. However I have to admit the LW collar is a bit in the heavy side.
Worf's point is clear and I think the collar's pretty big but it's really great to have it when it's cold, windy and freezing. Would be great to have it detachable, but I'm affraid it's not, though I'm not sure. Anyway, the collar shoudn't be a show stopper:) Moreover, my B3 has a huge collar too and I like it.

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
Actually anybody who could advise on what leather is better for this particular jacket, please, provide your input. I would be really grateful since I've just ordered the jacket but haven't decided on the leather oz. Thanks.
Hi Roma. Just to throw in my 2 cents worth. I agree with John Lever's earlier comment about Buzz Rickson's B-2 but if you have your heart set on the Lost Worlds jacket, try to get the leather weight around 3 - 3.5 ounces if you can. Heavier leather will not be as comfortable and the jacket will not be as enjoyable to wear.

I own both versions - I really like both but the Buzz Rickson's version is more confortable to wear.

Noel

Roma

A-List Customer
Hi Roma. Just to throw in my 2 cents worth. I agree with John Lever's earlier comment about Buzz Rickson's B-2 but if you have your heart set on the Lost Worlds jacket, try to get the leather weight around 3 - 3.5 ounces if you can. Heavier leather will not be as comfortable and the jacket will not be as enjoyable to wear.

I own both versions - I really like both but the Buzz Rickson's version is more confortable to wear.

Noel
Hi Noel, are you a mind reader? Cause you read my mind I'm completely in love with LW for some reasons. And I negotiated with Stuart 3,5+ oz leather, you just confirmed I've been on the right path. I see John's point and would have taken a Buzz jacket, but standard sizing is not for my gorilla arms and I always have to a go for custom jackets.
As for the reasons I love LW: one among a lot of them is their leather. Many don't and wouldn't like it, but for me this is a way to go. Yeap, it's stiff, it gets character and patina very slowly but that what I'm looking for. Usually I become really upset when I get a new scratch on a jacket, though I understand that is what makes the leather look great, but not for me. LW leather are really indistructable and I love it.
I have a jacket from LW and it's around 3 oz and the jacket is pretty light, a long leather peacot weighs app. 2 kg.
I think for a winter heavy duty B2 3,5 oz is a great choice.

Thanks for your input, really appriciate it.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Hi Noel, are you a mind reader? Cause you read my mind I'm completely in love with LW for some reasons. And I negotiated with Stuart 3,5+ oz leather, you just confirmed I've been on the right path. I see John's point and would have taken a Buzz jacket, but standard sizing is not for my gorilla arms and I always have to a go for custom jackets.
As for the reasons I love LW: one among a lot of them is their leather. Many don't and wouldn't like it, but for me this is a way to go. Yeap, it's stiff, it gets character and patina very slowly but that what I'm looking for. Usually I become really upset when I get a new scratch on a jacket, though I understand that is what makes the leather look great, but not for me. LW leather are really indistructable and I love it.
I have a jacket from LW and it's around 3 oz and the jacket is pretty light, a long leather peacot weighs app. 2 kg.
I think for a winter heavy duty B2 3,5 oz is a great choice.

Thanks for your input, really appriciate it.

Hi Roma:

I have one of Stuart's B-2's as well and in the 3.5 oz that I picked up of the Bay. I would see about a heavy duty Zipper as well. Mine has the smaller type probably like the original but over time it has begun to fray at the bottom. It still works but one needs to be careful when zipping. I really think a heavier zipper may last longer.

avique

One of the Regulars
Hi Roma:

I have one of Stuart's B-2's as well and in the 3.5 oz that I picked up of the Bay. I would see about a heavy duty Zipper as well. Mine has the smaller type probably like the original but over time it has begun to fray at the bottom. It still works but one needs to be careful when zipping. I really think a heavier zipper may last longer.

Agreed, the zipper on my LW B-2 is still working fine but it feels like a toy in comparison to the rest of the jacket. If I keep the jacket (my wife has been after me to sell it) I'll probably have the zipper replaced some day. My LW ANJ-4 has a similar issue in that the zipper just feels to light for the weight and stiffness of the jacket. Given his tendency to over engineer I'm amazed the Stuart uses such light weight zippers.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great Jacket!! Congrats.
I have a J23 in black horsehide and I settled on 3.5 oz after Stuarts advice on fit and could not be happier.
I'm looking to purchase a Ryder and am considering russet brown but I have mixed feelings since photos seem to vary on capturing the brown color faithfully.
Can you comment on the brown color and how it looks in person? I like the chocolate brown appearance but some photos of other LW coats make it appear too redish/orange.

Roma

A-List Customer
Great Jacket!! Congrats.
I have a J23 in black horsehide and I settled on 3.5 oz after Stuarts advice on fit and could not be happier.
I'm looking to purchase a Ryder and am considering russet brown but I have mixed feelings since photos seem to vary on capturing the brown color faithfully.
Can you comment on the brown color and how it looks in person? I like the chocolate brown appearance but some photos of other LW coats make it appear too redish/orange.
Thanks for your message. Would be great to know how much your jacket weighs.

Roma

A-List Customer
Agreed, the zipper on my LW B-2 is still working fine but it feels like a toy in comparison to the rest of the jacket. If I keep the jacket (my wife has been after me to sell it) I'll probably have the zipper replaced some day. My LW ANJ-4 has a similar issue in that the zipper just feels to light for the weight and stiffness of the jacket. Given his tendency to over engineer I'm amazed the Stuart uses such light weight zippers.
Ok, I'll check with Stuart, possibly he's changed these hardware.

Roma

A-List Customer
Hi Roma:

Thanks for letting me know. I'll talk to Stuart about the zipper. By the way, dk you know how much your jacket weighs?

oneterrifichog

Practically Family

I think he may be matching the size of the original versions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points