Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LOST WORLDS - Discovering some GREAT leather!

One of the Regulars
captaincaveman1 said:
Wow, an 1100cc bonneville. Now I've seen everything.

What kind of hp is that machine making? Any suspension mods to handle all that power?

Hello Captain;
It makes 115 RWHP and 81.5 RWTQ with 2 into 1 exhaust, 107 RWHP and 78.5 RWTQ with 2 into 2 exhaust.
It has every single mod that you may think about it in order to handle HP and TQ.

captaincaveman1

A-List Customer
Wow that's impressive for an air-cooled twin.

Ironically, I bought a thruxton precisely due to the fact that it does NOT make alot of hp compared to most other sporty bikes. For me, it's 60 or so hp are just right for my kind of riding but that's just me. Incidentally I'm upgrading the rear suspension to get rid of the jackhammer effect when going over rough roads.

I've owned liter bikes and find them too dangerous to my health and license out on the streets. zx-9r + 21 y.o. male = loss of license and crashed bike. haha. I've a 955i too but hardly rode on the street for the last 2 years, much prefer my lazy thruxton.

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
1087 said:
I was just pullin your chain about your avatar!

Yeah, I know. I was just pokin' ya in the ribs... all in fun :D
Nice avatar... and good to know your handle is not the result of being in the Witness Protection Program. I will, however, paint moustaches on all your avatars unless you post pictures when the new GW jacket arrives. lol

One of the Regulars
TheSnark said:
Yeah, I know. I was just pokin' ya in the ribs... all in fun :D
Nice avatar... and good to know your handle is not the result of being in the Witness Protection Program. I will, however, paint moustaches on all your avatars unless you post pictures when the new GW jacket arrives. lol

Well... I actually has moustaches and a beard as well.
carlosdam.jpg

I will post pics of the GW, count with it.;)

One of the Regulars
captaincaveman1 said:
Wow that's impressive for an air-cooled twin.

Ironically, I bought a thruxton precisely due to the fact that it does NOT make alot of hp compared to most other sporty bikes. For me, it's 60 or so hp are just right for my kind of riding but that's just me. Incidentally I'm upgrading the rear suspension to get rid of the jackhammer effect when going over rough roads.

I've owned liter bikes and find them too dangerous to my health and license out on the streets. zx-9r + 21 y.o. male = loss of license and crashed bike. haha. I've a 955i too but hardly rode on the street for the last 2 years, much prefer my lazy thruxton.

They are great bikes with just ABEK and pipes, canyon carvers no doubt.
But I'm a lifetime "hot rodder", I can't help myself.
The 955i it's also one of the best Triumph's ever.
Glad you are in the Family!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Gents.

Keep it on topic to the leather jackets please, as it does make the following of threads easier.;)

(But...judging by your enthusiasm for bikes, might I suggest tagging onto a biker's thread already going, or starting one ;) As I think you'll find there's plenty of greasers, petrol heads and bikers on board in TFL - Especially the older, classic ones!! Thanks!).

Vic

One of the Regulars
Excellent!

The Suburban in russet is great! I had considered it a while back, but never pulled the trigger.

Looks even better in your pics than on their site! Truly excellent!

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
Thank you all for the kind words, gentlemen

I'll try to post some more photos next spring, to show how the grain has developed. I'm sure I can get better close-up shots indoors... direct sunlight washes out too much detail.

One of the Regulars
TheSnark said:
I'll try to post some more photos next spring, to show how the grain has developed. I'm sure I can get better close-up shots indoors... direct sunlight washes out too much detail.

Looking forward to it!
You have mail!

LW jackets and coats

TheSnark said:
Unfortunately, I cannot speak first hand of Good Wear quality, though everything I have read has been outstanding. Nor am I so much a fanatic or expert for period detail as some, but if John's work is as good as the reviews (and the photos on his website) suggest, Good Wear appears to be one of the "very, very few" I mentioned earlier that can match LW quality. I fully intend to find out in the near future by adding a GW to my collection. I have high hopes for GW and would love to add my endorsement to his list of fans! Thanks for mentioning GW... from all appearances and reputation, well worth a try.

To be honest....the quality of LW HH leather is superb...
I have the suburban jacket and the bedford coat both in HH..
What I also like is the shape of the collar of the jacket and coat....Aero jackets on the other hand have the same style of collar.
Anyway everyone to his taste...

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
Jeff M said:
Nice looking jackets.
Were these "off the rack" standard sizes...or does Lost World's custom make their jackets and ask for various measurements when you order a jacket from them?

Both were off-the-rack sizes: the Roadhouse was on sale as NOS, so no alterations possible. I ordered a size down for a trim fit, as I noted earlier. The Suburban is a less form-fitting design, and I knew from previous purchase that LW standard size would fit pretty close. Custom measurement would make no noticable improvement in a looser-fitting design like the Suburban (not with my measurements and body type, anyway).

LW did take custom measurements for my next jacket (a Trojan, which I just ordered). I'll post pictures as soon as it arrives.

narwhale

New in Town
Thanks for posting pics. There are some serious deals to be had in the sale section if you can find one that fits. I need to ask my wife if she thinks she can fit in a size 30, because there are some HH jackets for $50-$100!

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
I just got a new camera today, and (as it was raining outside) decided to get some shots of the grain that has developed on my 6 month old LW Strada... just to get an idea of the camera's resolution and contrast performance, you understand ;)

Excuse me if I'm hogging bandwidth, but the files sizes can't be reduced too much, or the details are lost completely. I'll just post pics of the back, which show the grain clearest, anyway:

img0006resizee.jpg

img0005resize.jpg
img0004resize.jpg

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
Thanks, Coffee. (Or do I just call you "Too Much"? Somehow, "Thanks, too much" just doesn't sound right lol )

too much coffee said:
You been in the rain with it?

A little, but not much... the little rain we've had just hasn't been accessible [huh] . But heat also does the trick, and we've had plenty of that. Good thing I'm rather heat tolerant or I'd never get any of my jackets broken in!

(BTW, we did get a little accessible rain today, but I needed to get the Suburban grain started, so I wore it instead of the Strada. Probably not enough to do any noticable good, though.)

too much coffee said:
Is that the 4oz. LW horse?

Yep. Great stuff, too... the depth and definition of grain in this leather is amazing.

Anders

One of the Regulars
That Roadhouse! Something about that style really put the hook in me. I have a couple LW sale jackets, but if I were ever to splurge on a full price model...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points