Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Speed Demon

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Remember when the Aero Board Racer debuted and everyone was up in arms over the vertical back seam?

It really works here; I'd call it elegant. Beautiful back.

I think that with deeper understanding of jacket construction, thoughts on this matter have changed. Not sure about the forum, but in general people used to think that having to cut the leather is smaller panels is "cheaper".
While in mall brands, it generally would be the case, with high end manufacturers, a beautifully made seam is actually a feature, sign of impeccable workmanship.

Superb yet again Mr. Devil! I love the slim fit of this jacket. It was always a gripe I had with my j-23's (too much gut). This pattern, I dare say, is Stu's best. Between this and the togs posted by Carlos...My denim days feel less secure. AGAIN. LOL. Great jacket and perfect fit!

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Superb yet again Mr. Devil! I love the slim fit of this jacket. It was always a gripe I had with my j-23's (too much gut). This pattern, I dare say, is Stu's best. Between this and the togs posted by Carlos...My denim days feel less secure. AGAIN. LOL. Great jacket and perfect fit!

The leathertogs is very close in fit to the J23, so maybe you would be better off with a SD?

I personally thought that the J23 looked ace on you

Mid back seam still isn't something I like but I don't hate it either. Looks good though I personally want my Perfectos with clean back.

I thought about making it with a clean back, but for me it is nicer like this also taking account the different grains of the panels, here it seems like a natural occurrence as opposed to mis-matching panels on purpose like Fine Creeks does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael