Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers Beware - I.R.S. Phone Scam Afoot!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I was out and about this afternoon, when I got home my son reported that the I.R.S. called with a "final notice" demanding I pay an overdue tax bill. I'm pretty savvy, I have my returns professionally prepared by the same accountant for almost 20 years so I smelled scam right away. I did a quick Google search and it seems this scam is running rampant right now. They've already scammed some unsuspecting folks out of 5 plus Million dollars. Fact is the I.R.S. never calls "out of the blue". They send you a registered letter. I'm sure they're preying on Seniors and folks who might owe back taxes. I reported the scam immediately to the Treasury Dept. They left a phone number but my brain-dead son never wrote it down. I'd a called em back if he had and played with these fools. Just a heads up, they may even have scored the last four digits of your SS number. Even so don't fall for it.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn