Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Short cat stories

My latest is named 'Tilla the Fuzz. AkA Matt (because he sleeps in doorways and gets stepped on a lot at night.) AKA Marshmallowman - picture a toasted mashmallow with a couple burnt spots. The burst spots would be his feet. His face is black and white tabby from the ears forward. He weighs ten pounds, but looks like twenty. That's how fluffy he is. He's about three years old.

Before the 'Tilla/Matt/'Mallowman combo, I had John Doe and Jane Doe. (I found them in the yard, they had no ID and wouldn't tell me their names.) I lost Jane Doe shortly before 'Tilla was born. I lost John Doe about a year later. John and Jane were both black and gray tabbies, but John was almost half again Jane's size and almost as fluffy as 'Tilla is now. (I also had 'Tilla's brother, who I named J.J., because he looked like a smaller version of John Doe - John Junior. He died two years ago due to a fall from a telephone pole in the back corner of the yard. He'd hit a cinderblock wall on the way down.)

John and Jane were complete opposites in every way. Although I'd had her for fifteen years (John one year more), I couldn't hold her for more than thirty seconds. John would jump on my lap and then go to sleep right next to me. If you came to my home, John would hide, and Jane would surprise you by sneaking up behind you and licking your neck.

John was also my protector . . . from Jane. If she got angry and started throwing claws at me, John would run up and throw claws at her.

John had an incredibly long and fluffy tail - fluffier than you'd expect even as fluffy as he was - and a friend onced asked me, "What happened? Was his mother raped by a squirrel?"

Jane in one word: Independent.
John in one word: Compassionate.
'Tilla in one word: Silly.

'Tilla will lay on his back while I rub his tummy - his head over the edge of the bed until he slides off, gets a couple bites of food, then returns to start the cycle again. He'll also sleep on anything. I once saw him at the head of my bed, laying flat on the blanket, head up against the pillow . . . and his eye resting on the corner of a hardcover book. His eye was closed, of course. His eyes are the bluest I have ever seen peering back at me from a cat's face.

You all know how cats like to be on paper in any form, right? I once found Jane happily sitting up with her front paws on one-half of one of those one-by-two inch raffle ticket stubs.

Gotta go! 'Tilla's decided it's time for me to sign off so he can sleep in front of the computer.

Lee

"I rarely meddled in the cat's personal affairs and she rarely meddled in mine. Neither of us was foolish enough to attribute human emotions to our pets." - Kinky Friedman

"Cats are a fairly right-wing group politically. They are lovers of the status quo. They don't like anything that might represent change. They hate marriages, divorces, moving days, graduations, bar mitzvahs, bill collectors, rug shampooers, painters, plumbers, electricians, television repairmen, out-call masseuses, Jehovah's Witnesses, and just about everything else, most of which I agree with them about." - Kinky Friedman

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
FINALLY learned how to use Photobucket!

So, now I have very recent pictures of 'Tilla - AKA Matt - AKA Marshmallowman:

TillaSleepyhead.jpg

TillaBlur.jpg

A young 'Tilla Sleeping alone, and with his long lost brother, JJ.

Tillasleepmodfied.jpg

BrothersTillaandJJmodified.jpg

Lee

"When you have a cat, you assume certain responsibilities that, in a spiritual sense, may transcend those of a marital or a business relationship." - Kinky Friedman

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
MrNewportCustom said:
A young 'Tilla Sleeping alone, and with his long lost brother, JJ.

Tillasleepmodfied.jpg

Dear me, my cuteness sensors for the day have been overloaded. Must shut down brain and reboot self. lol The kitten paws over the tired face while sleeping stretched out was too much for me to handle. It must be exhausting being a kitten! And those stumpy little kitten legs! I just want to give raspberries to that little tummy! :) I think I'm broken...

Here is a picture of the love of my life - Molly. I've owned a lot of pets in my day, but she is the "special" one that stands out above all others. She's 14 and queen of the house. I entered a photo that I took of her into a calendar contest held by Friskies cat food and she was one of the grand prize winners, winning a years supply of cat food.

EDIT: The picture won't download, so here's a link to it:

http://friskies.com/images/experiencing/downloads/calendar/FriskiesJanuary.pdf

Dagwood

Practically Family
MrNewportCustom said:
So, now I have very recent pictures of 'Tilla - AKA Matt - AKA Marshmallowman

Lee, your cats are pretty gosh darn cute. Give them a scratch on the ear for me.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
here's another cat in a sink!

Octavian, my housemate's cat. i woke him up on my way to the shower this morning! he *loves* the sink and will try to get in it even when the water is running.
sink.jpg

here he is, enjoying my hey-wake bedside table. you can kinda tell he has enormous paws. eight toes on each one!
heywake.jpg

this is China, my beautiful girl who lives with my ex.
china_back.jpg

and one of my three chicks! this is Gertie.
gertboo.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
HepKat: What a darling!

Hadley: The cat I had before Hobbes would never set foot near a sink! Her feet had been burned by acid and we needed to give her "hydrotherapy": In essence, restraining her in the sink while we sprayed her feet with cold water.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Jovan said:
Hadley: The cat I had before Hobbes would never set foot near a sink! Her feet had been burned by acid and we needed to give her "hydrotherapy": In essence, restraining her in the sink while we sprayed her feet with cold water.

:( :( :( oh no! sorry to hear that. Hope she recovers very soon.

Rafter

Suspended
Here's my West Highland,
"Terry the chick magnet!!".
Don't be fooled by that face, he's a little devil!
Terry.jpg

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
BeBopBaby said:
Dear me, my cuteness sensors for the day have been overloaded. Must shut down brain and reboot self. lol The kitten paws over the tired face while sleeping stretched out was too much for me to handle. It must be exhausting being a kitten! And those stumpy little kitten legs! I just want to give raspberries to that little tummy! :) I think I'm broken...

Here is a picture of the love of my life - Molly.

Finding kittens to be cute does not mean you're broken. :D

His "stumpy little kitten legs" got a heck of a workout when he was a kitten. They're why his full name is, 'Tilla the Fuzz." He was the rambunctious one who attacked anything and anyone who moved, and even a few things that didn't. Now he's a big sleeper. The top two photos are also him, this past Tuesday at the age of three. Like real wood furniture, he's darkened with age.

Dagwood said:
Lee, your cats are pretty gosh darn cute. Give them a scratch on the ear for me.

'Tilla smiled and stretched when I scratched his ear for you, Dagwood (he's sleeping on my briefcase.) I gave JJ posthumous scratches. I'm sure he's smiling, somewhere.

SooSooBaby: I had a cat who liked sleeping in the sink. I'd turn the water to a fast drip and she'd lay there wondering what was going on, then jump out when she figured it out. Not that she let that stop her from jumping back into the sink a couple hours later. lol

Lee

“The cat, of course, said nothing.” – Kinky Friedman

Lesvinyl

Familiar Face
IMG_9227.jpg

Here's mine! A Russian Dwarf hamster. I'm deathly allergic to cats sadly, and I'm not able to have a dog. So I switch from fish to rodents. She is cute though. Sorry for the huge picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis