Loungers' Pets

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by John in Covina, Nov 19, 2006.

1. [video=youtube;Plz9JxsnhH4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plz9JxsnhH4[/video]

2. AtomicEraTom

AtomicEraTom

My shadow when I'm home - Fred.
    [​IMG]

3. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Bodie, whom we now have to call bootie because after about two hours of play at the neighbors pool on Saturday, decided to jump a 4.5 ft. high concrete block retaining wall, while chasing his frisbee, and then back down to the pools concrete deck, scuffed up the pads on two of his paws. He's sporting bandages as well as the blue booties on both left side paws. All that time in the water really softened up his paws.
    image.jpg

4. They also have an incredible tolerance for pain. Heelers look at it and say "what scuffing?" :p That is one of their short comings. They will run themselves down if you let them. :doh:

5. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

jp, you're right. We never knew he had an issue until long after we had come home and noticed him limping and found blood spots.

6. I have seen Heelrs take a header directly into a garbage can and tumble for twenty feet. They just get back up and keep going. Zeus hasn't done that but I don't leave garbage cans within his reach either. :p

It is funny that one of the Heelers sites I frequent says:
    A challenging combination of cleverness and hard-headedness, Australian Cattle Dogs will test members of the family during adolescence and must be handled with firm, consistent leadership. These versatile dogs can learn and do a great deal in the right hands, but they will run right over hapless owners.

Gee, ya think? :p

7. Prince Louie was bugging me to let him out just now and then what does he do???? :p

[​IMG]

8. 2jakes

2jakes I'll Lock Up

Prince Louie has an uncanny instinct to find the perfect cool spot all the time. And you think that you

have a favorite chair when they know who the actual owners are.

Polo agrees !
    :eusa_clap

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  9. Feraud

Feraud Bartender

Aw, Fred looks so sweet.

10. AtomicEraTom

AtomicEraTom

He is, and (mostly) well behaved! He had a lot of fun over this past weekend with all the family/guests around.
    Today actually marks one year since I brought him home.

11. How many BBQed steaks did you give him? :p

12. 1mach1

1mach1

Instead of mousing, this is what happens...:doh:

[​IMG]

13. I'll have to send TC over. She'll straighten everything out. :p

14. 1mach1

1mach1

We will spoil her in this house. Geez. :doh:

[​IMG]

We will spoil her in this house. Geez. :doh:

15. I used to give TC that but she likes dry food better for some reason. Being a 17 year old cat, I guess she is tough to the bone. :p

16. 1mach1

1mach1

Yeah, this new cat is a softy. His old owners had him declawed. :doh:
    Lot of good that does for a natural hunter. I can tell it throws his balance off big time. :doh:

17. That would stink for TC. She gets in fights and nails pests all the time. TC is an outdoor cat though. She looks in the door once in a while and that is it. :p

18. AtomicEraTom

AtomicEraTom

He gets bacon-flavored dog food :p

19. [​IMG]