Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

788eba93136bb8eeaaf1aa0e07c881be.jpg

Sometimes you just take things for granted, like that when you pull up at the end of the day and your old dog comes wagging his tail to see you, then that day comes and he doesn't come out to greet you.
R.I.P. old Buddy. You'll be missed

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
788eba93136bb8eeaaf1aa0e07c881be.jpg

Sometimes you just take things for granted, like that when you pull up at the end of the day and your old dog comes wagging his tail to see you, then that day comes and he doesn't come out to greet you.
R.I.P. old Buddy. You'll be missed

Life is too short for dogs, We get to watch them as puppies all the way through old age.
I’m so sorry you lost your friend. R.I.P.

Thanks guys. He was nearly 16, so it wasn't unexpected, but it still sucks just the same. My kids are a mess, the dog was older than any of them, so it was a big blow to lose him. They'd known him all their lives.

Sorry for your loss, Dale. I'll bet he left you all with some wonderful memories. We're never ready for this moment, though, but, like Stearman says, you're not alone.

Last edited:

Stand By

One Too Many
I cannot believe I've only just found this section of TFL …!!!

And then to come across your loss, dh, is … well, I know the pain and sadness of saying goodbye as you have just done only too well - when their leaving us is the very last thing we'd want - but to ease the passing of our beloved companion is an unselfish act of kindness and the last act of love we can offer them - especially after they have given us heapings of unconditional love with each day of their lives …
I'm very sorry for the loss of your faithful pal.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
My neighbors dog at the Victorian house. He said, "my people left me forever, I don't think they are ever coming back!" They did of course. But he looked so sad.
DSC_0025_zpswutdjeit.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo