Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

We were told our dog Bodie, the one to the right was a mix of Australian Cattle Dog and Pitt Bull. The ACD is obvious but the missus just HAD to know so she found a lab doing DNA panels on dogs. Got the results back Monday. Turns out he is a mixture of ACD, Vizsla and American Staffordshire Terrier. I was ok just knowing he is a dog.
image.jpg
She also belongs to an ACD page on Facebook. Look at the size of this ACD someone posted. Their average weight is 30-50 lbs. wonder what the ancestry of this dog is.
image.jpg

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
IMG_1870.JPG

IMG_1774.JPG

One of Pino's favorite places at the moment is the clothes dryer. Even if nothing is hanging there - he is content to lie on the wires while gnawing at the clothespins.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
scarlettvampire.jpg
Apparently we had been watching too many vampire movies when I took this picture, and the Heeler tried to bite her sister in the neck. :D

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
Our newest addition:
Casey Post Op.jpg
Casey is a Bichon / Shih Tzu mix, and (because of his older brother & sister) an "honorary pug." He'll be a year old in September. My sister could no longer take care of him so he's now part of our household.

Because he hadn't been groomed in such a long time he had to be shaved. Not a pretty sight, but it had to be done and his hair will grow back.
Casey Before and After Aug 2015.jpg

There are the pugs.
Calvin and Chloe.jpg
Chloe on the left, Calvin on the right.

Congrats on the new addition, ChiTown. He looks happy in spite of the new 'do.
Great looking pair of pugs. I'm a big fan of those dogs.

Many, many Yeats ago I worked in a local beer joint, and one of the regular patrons had a pug named Miss Dixie. That dog would hop up on a barstool and sit at the bar every afternoon while the old lady got tanked. Everyone who'd ever set foot in that bar more than once was tore up when Miss Dixie passed away.

Last edited:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Just like kids....
If one gets in the chair, the other one has to be there too.
We call the Heeler Scarlett the button pusher." :D scarlettbbchair.jpg
A second example...
girlsnewchair.jpg
Yes the Bedlington is a wonderful dog, hardheaded as all get out, but really a unique breed.
However, this is my second Red Heeler, and I LOVE my Heelers. :p

So, the wife went over to my sister's house last night for a few hours.
This morning, her and I were on the way to my parents' house, made it about 3 blocks from the house, and heard what sounded like meowing coming from somewhere. We got out to examine, and found one of my sister's kittens had found his way inside the coil spring on the driver's front side. He had been under there for a couple hours, before she made the half hour drive home, then spent the night in there, until we found him this morning. It took some doing, but we got him out. She's been trying to give some of the kittens away, and after our little ordeal together, we decided a third pet wouldn't be too much and this little guy could come home with us.

Here's Lucky:

11825761_10153225117102517_5658337035457070749_n.jpg

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Ok well we have 2 dogs one is the "grumpy old lady "Zen" a terrier mix that is 13 years and puts up with us. Loki on the other hand is a 3 year old Pit Mix that my daughter bought off some "travelers" one night while she was at the University of Tennessee. She trained him while at UT using Cesar Millan's method and did an excellent job. He is our "Man in charge" except for Zen who is a really the personification of Hillary so deference is always given to her.

"Loki"
IMG_2022_zpsrvfrlqsl.jpg

Zen
IMG_1813.JPG

EstherWeis

Vendor
We have 2 little monsters
Both are street cats that ended up living with us.

b3eb1ecf708cf7220b46e0804bfdc284.jpg

This the ever stoic Balthazar. Only my husband can really pet or play with him.
He tolerates my existence, barely :)

0c02abfafe916b8f6628fbbf60b5870b.jpg

And that's my snuggle/food monster Arthur. He's everybody's friend, as long as there is food and/or petting involved.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I read this & would like to share...

Our 14-year old dog Abbey died last month. The day after she passed away
my 4-year daughter was crying & talking about how much she missed Abbey.
She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven,
God would recognize her. I told her that I thought we could and she dictated
these words:

Dear God,
Will you please take care of my dog? She died yesterday & is with you.
I miss her very much. I am happy that you let me have her as my dog
even though she got sick, I hope you will play with her. She likes to swim
and play with balls. I am sending a picture of her so when you see her you
will know that she is my dog. I really miss her.
Love, Meredith

We put the letter in an envelope with a picture of Abbey & Meredith and
addressed it to God/Heaven. We put our return address on it. Then Meredith
pasted several stamps on the front of the envelope because she said it would
take lots of stamps to get the letter all the way to heaven.

A few days later, she asked if God had gotten her letter yet.
I told her that I thought He had.

Yesterday, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch addressed,

"To Meredith” in an unfamiliar hand. Meredith opened it. Inside was a book by Mr. Rogers
called, “When a Pet Dies”. Taped to the inside on the opposite page was a picture of
Abbey & Meredith.

Abbey arrived safely in heaven. Having the picture was a big help & I recognized her
right away.
Abbey isn’t sick anymore. Her spirit is here with me just like it stays in your heart.
Abbey loved being your dog. Since we don’t need our bodies in heaven, I don’t have
any pockets to keep your picture in so I am sending it back to you in this little book
for you to keep & something to remember Abbey by.

Thank you for the beautiful letter and thank your mother for helping you write it &
sending it to me. What a wonderful mother you have. I picked her especially for you.
I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much.
By the way, I’m easy to find.
I am wherever there is love.

Love, God.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred