Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

sixsexsix

Practically Family
we adopted this 8-month old puppy on saturday. the ad said she was a miniature dachshund, but i am pretty sure now that she is a chiweenie (chihuahua/dachshund mix)
IMG_2203.jpg

Cute puppy all the same. Most doxies have a little down angle just before the wet nose section. If not they will have "the puppy face" which also occurs in doxies. I think that the paws and legs seem smaller or more slender than a regular doxie.

One thing is most doxie mixes seem to inherit the doxie's need to give "kisses" to every one that puts their face with in reach.:eek:

To the tune of Happy Birthday:

Happy puppies to you!
Happy puppies to you!
Happy puppies, happy puppies!
Happy puppies to you!

sixsexsix

Practically Family
Thanks! It was the legs and ears that gave it away to us too. She can also jump pretty high and far, something I have read doxies aren't the best at

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We love MIBII

Diamondback said:
Looks like some of ytou are gonna have to have a separate "Pugs of the Lounge" thread!

Still looking for "Frank"...lol or at least a pup that can lip-sync "I Will Survive"...lol
3 out of 4 pugs. These 3 are pictured being pug-sat. They're watching 2 other dogs wrestle a Frisbee. They like to spectate. (The 4th pug was with me in Florida.)
scan0002.jpg

Chan, Brutus and Mr. Wong, who doesn't look that old or fat in person.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
This is Slick. He's the only male cat out of the three we have - and he takes advantage of it. As you can see, he lives up to his name.

NestandNature017.jpg

NestandNature019.jpg

Blondie

Practically Family
We inherited Kylie the dog with the house ( Indonesia) and i bought Zach the monkey at the fresh meat market ( couldnt leave a 5 week old baby monkey there) and found Peppi the cat. The dog has a psuedo pregnancy and suckled both the monkey and kitten. The Monkey would hold on underneath the dog and when he got too big, would sit on her back like a jockey holding onto her collar. This was fine until someone rang the bell at the front gate, the dog woulld go flying around the side of the house and poor monkey would come a cropper by a low lying monsterio plant, he woulld go one way and the dog the other ! I bought home many a strange pet from the market, they all were resettled back in the wild except for monkey-boy.
The two dogs are French Bulldogs , Curly & Moe, they are just amazing, real comedians as you can see !

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
ScionPI2005 said:
AmateisGal! Your Slick looks almost the same as my Bubba! Here he is in his winter "condo" staying warm:
IMG_0086.jpg

Oh my gosh! They really DO look alike!

I need to get one of those "condo's" for Slick - he likes to get under my covers to stay warm instead!

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
AmateisGal said:
Oh my gosh! They really DO look alike!

I need to get one of those "condo's" for Slick - he likes to get under my covers to stay warm instead!

Bubba has a tendency to do that too, but mainly when the doorbell rings! He's pretty skittish around strangers. He's not using the condo anymore; too warm by now.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
ScionPI2005 said:
Bubba has a tendency to do that too, but mainly when the doorbell rings! He's pretty skittish around strangers. He's not using the condo anymore; too warm by now.

Maybe they're long lost twins because Slick is the same way - whenever we have people over, whether it's the kids' friends or the babysitter, he takes off. He's only comfortable around us.

Now his sister, Gretchen, a.k.a. Queen Sheba, is an entirely different story. She thinks the world revolves around her!

gretchen.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farmerboy