Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

deco_darling

One of the Regulars
The Boys

Introducing Dimitri and Angel...

My swanky boys, both blood brothers. They will be 4 years old this May. Had them since they were wee little ones. Love them to death!

All the wonderful dogs and cats I see on here are just a pleasure to see and I also hope for ALL the best for Max's recovery!!!!

kittyFL.jpg

millbrookmusic

Familiar Face
Beulah.jpg

This is my red nosed pit bull named Beulah. She's about a year to a year and a half old (we speculate as we got her from the shelter). the above picture shows you how enthusiastic she is about bath time.

Beulah2.jpg

She's everything you'd expect a pit bull to be; sweet, great with kids, playful and cuddly. Actually, pit bulls are kind of like a vintage dog (sort of). In the early 1900's pit bull terriers were America's favorite breed - they started appearing in films and in adverts everywhere (Petey the Pup from Our Gang, whom I recently spotted in a cameo in the Harold Lloyd film "The Kid Brother" - and also the dog with it's head cocked to the side in the Victrola logo is a pit bull. )

I have several friends and relatives that own pitbulls and from those dogs I can say that they are very loveable dogs. When raised to be social with children, people in general and other dogs they are really great pets. The one draw back is they tend to be muscular masses but they still want to sit in your lap when full grown. Petey the Pup was actually several generations of pitbulls all descendants of the original Petey. Also the Our Gang (Little Rascals) kids really enjoyed playing with what ever Petey they had on set with them. Petey got a lot of fan mail and there are "autographed" photos of him around that people got as responses to their letters.

Max Update!

Max is doing a bit better, but not as good as Wednesday, he was a happy tail wagging dog that day. He seems to be stiff in the morning when it is cold and fells better as the day warms up. He isn't crying and doesn't yelp these days. (He'd yelp if he hits the wrong motion and knows not to hop thru the doggie door, I think he knows that will hurt. I need to make some ramps for the doggie door so he can just walk thru with out hopping so he has access while I am out of the house.)

Better but not there yet.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
John in Covina said:
Better but not there yet.

"Better" is better than "not better at all!" Hang in there, stay positive and keep up the good work - that ramp will help him a lot. I used to put a heating pad on my border collie when her hips bothered her, and massage her a bit. It seemed to help, but like Max, the cold weather still gave her some problems.

I noticed you are the one who originally started this thread back in 2006, and since Max is the first pet in the thread, it's only fitting that he get lots of love and good wishes right now from all the other pet lovers here. I certainly know the feelings associated with what you're going through and send Max a sincere "get well soon."

Lokar

A-List Customer
These are our cats. My fiancée owned the black one before I met her, yet she has become "my" cat, and the other one we got just after our first anniversary, and is very much my fiancée's.

Before I moved in with my fiancée I claimed I wasn't an "animal person" and that I wouldn't like having a pet, but how wrong I was! I don't know what I'd do without having a pet now.

Cookie:
cookie.jpg

Semla:
semla.jpg

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My "wonder dog" ...

Bubba.jpg

This is my "wonder dog" (yeah, you look at him and wonder, "what kind of idiot dog is this"). :D

This picture captures Bubba's personality just perfectly. He's just about totally worthless, but he sure is a good dog. We have three other "real dogs" (i.e. "normal" dogs), but Bubba is the only "special" dog of the bunch (and he knows it). ;)

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
Big Man said:
Bubba.jpg

This is my "wonder dog" (yeah, you look at him and wonder, "what kind of idiot dog is this"). :D

This picture captures Bubba's personality just perfectly. He's just about totally worthless, but he sure is a good dog. We have three other "real dogs" (i.e. "normal" dogs), but Bubba is the only "special" dog of the bunch (and he knows it). ;)

i wouldnt say hes worthless more priceless!! he made me laugh out loud!!:eusa_clap

monty sleeps in some strange positions...but hes small so i can at least get to the couch! lol

lady

New in Town
Is Bubba a great dane? My puppy is a great dane too. His pictures are a couple of posts back.
They are the FUNNIEST dogs I've ever encountered!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy