Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

LizzieMaine

Bartender
carol3.jpg

Carol the Barrel lives up to her name.

Renault

One Too Many
Reprieved off the green mile. Spot loves his new home. And his new toy!

Again Spot with his new little "brother", Basilone tearing up a toy in the living room. Basil was literally recused out of traffic when a small pup!

Last edited:

Renault

One Too Many
Absolutely! We also have a "special needs" little pup that was rescued out of a dumpster when a little tyke! Poor thing is nothing but unconditional love. I will post some pics tonight.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
For most of our married life we have had cocker spaniels, always a pair. Four different pairs in all. We no longer have dogs due to the amount of time that they would have to spend alone, we do have cats though.

Today was spent cleaning out the rear end of the garage, ready for the vintage car that we've bought. Among the assortments that we uncovered was a collar and leash of our very first dog. My wife was delighted, every dog, and cat for that matter, that has shared our home with us and then left for the kennel or cattery in the Garden of Eden, is always remembered by the ID tag on their collar. It goes on the house key ring.

The only ID tag missing from all the pets we have been privileged to share our home with, is that of our first dog. Today she was remembered. (have to say, with a tear or two.)

For most of our married life we have had cocker spaniels, always a pair. Four different pairs in all. We no longer have dogs due to the amount of time that they would have to spend alone, we do have cats though.

Today was spent cleaning out the rear end of the garage, ready for the vintage car that we've bought. Among the assortments that we uncovered was a collar and leash of our very first dog. My wife was delighted, every dog, and cat for that matter, that has shared our home with us and then left for the kennel or cattery in the Garden of Eden, is always remembered by the ID tag on their collar. It goes on the house key ring.

The only ID tag missing from all the pets we have been privileged to share our home with, is that of our first dog. Today she was remembered. (have to say, with a tear or two.)

Glad you found it. I have most of mine around here a well. Although I have given up and keeping one on my 16 year old cat. She always manages to come back the next day without it when I put one on. :doh:

Renault

One Too Many
Here is my sweet little Dixie. She is a boxer. But she is very small. Maybe only 14"-16" at the shoulders! She was found in a dumpster as a tiny pup and brought to the vet clinic where my daughter worked. She has had some brain damage. Possibly from birth. I dunno about these things. But she is special. Has her own little way of doing things. She cannot or won't use stairs. Suppose she's scared of them. Has her own little funny bark. And is extremely protective. One you've made friends with her she never forgets you! I and the wife really love her a lot!!!

As you se she is a bit small.

Last edited:

Mr.Astor

Banned
Nice job on the adoption! Cute dog. I rescued one after one of my bulldogs hit it's expiration date 9 years and her brother was going to check out shortly! Headed to the local dog pound found a cute looking little long hair chihuahua skinny runt filthy dirty 5lbs. They told me he was six years old, had to have a meet and greet with my barely surviving 85lb. Bulldog Winston. We opted for me to meet the chihuahua his tongue hung out of his mouth, I thought the poor thing had a stroke so I took him $175.00 for a rescue dog!!!
Brought him home he rolled over for me to pet his belly he opened his mouth HE HAD NO TEETH!! Nothing to hold his little tongue in. The vet told me he was at least 12 years old and he did have one tooth but we're going to have to pull that one. another $175.00 for dental work! Anyway I said all that to say this, I could not have a better companion than Buster he is 8.5 lbs. and just a great little dog! Rescue dogs are the way to go! Save someone else's castoff!
Best to you Renault with your very nice dog you will never regret it.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The ACD was a rescue?! I couldn't find one at a rescue when I was looking for one out here. I had to go to a breeder.

No, the ACD came from a farm.
She was a runt, and really couldn't be used for herding...cattle of course.
Bedlingtons? She's good at herding them.
The Bedlington was the rescue.
Here is a pic after we got her...
bluebelleweek1_zpsd35a820f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Here is a pic a year later, the correct weight (not 4lbs under) and infection free (instead of 4 infections). The Heart murmur will always be there, but it's a grade 2 and not a grade 4 out of 5 or 6(?).
girlsgoodpic1_zps8c9febbe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is a pic of the ACD the first day we got her. Yes I know those are Mr. Bubble pants, and there is a story behind it, but I have to go to work, so maybe later. She was skinny, and had the mange.
scarlettarrival_zpse27fa046.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Here is a pic a year later...
scarlettgoodpic1_zps7f86cc32.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
One with both girls fully grown, and sharing a chair. Well sharing isn't correct, the Bedlington had it first, the ACD decided to force her to share it. :D
polaroidcamera071_zps036c36f2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana