Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loungers' Pets

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Meet Sheb Wooley. He's 2 months old and weighs a mere 6 oz.

My sister rescued him from a farm where the owners were hoping he'd die. My brother-in-law won't let her keep Sheb so my parents are taking 'im. He went to the vet today and while they gave him stuff to clean up his eyes and ears, he's still too small to be given shots. Hopefully he'll grow into his ears cause if he does he'll be a big healthy cat.

ShebWooley001-1.jpg

ShebWooley002-1.jpg

davestlouis

Practically Family
No pics right at the moment, but 3 Boston Terrorists, ranging from 9 to 41 Lbs, and a big, lazy, fat black lab mix...and 7 kids, just to keep things interesting.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
thunderw21 said:

My sister rescued him from a farm where the owners were hoping he'd die. My brother-in-law won't let her keep Sheb so my parents are taking 'im. He went to the vet today and while they gave him stuff to clean up his eyes and ears, he's still too small to be given shots. Hopefully he'll grow into his ears cause if he does he'll be a big healthy cat.

Your family has big, wonderful hearts (no comment about brother-in-law). All that love will certainly help Sheb Wooley become a healthy cat who will love them forever. Sending Sheb pawsitive thoughts. ;)

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Please keep us posted on Sheb's progress and thank you to you and your family for taking him in. He looks like a sweet little guy! Give him a rub behind his ears from me.

I almost adopted a pug that a friend found locked in an abandoned trailer during the winter. They think he was in the trailer for around 3 months and he was eating garbage and carpeting to stay alive. I told my friend that found him that I would take him, but she fell in love with him instead and he's now a healthy, happy pug with a good home.

I'm constantly amazed at how people treat animals like throw away commodities. Those people could have taken the pug to a shelter with a minimal amount of effort, instead they abandoned him. I can't even begin to wrap my brain around that sort of thoughtless cruelty.

I'll tell you one thing, I could never trust a person who is mean to animals.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
thunderw21 said:

Well Thundert21 I am a big advocate of rescue animals and the rescue organizations. I have two rescue animals.

The first has a tattoo on her inner thigh she was to be put to death and the other one is a cute little one that her owners left for dead.

The tattooed one would not eat.... I had to slide each piece of food across the room in order for her to eat she was so abused.

All I had to do was share my home and my heart now they are fine. :)

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
My two girls:

Molly.jpg

Molly, who just turned 15 last week. She's sweet and affectionate, but shy with strangers. She loves nothing more than to snuggle in bed with you at night. Molly was left abandoned in an apartment by my husband's ex-girlfriend. He broke into the apartment to rescue her.

IMG_1559-1.jpg

And Gertie, a silly little clown who always makes me laugh with her shenannigans. My husband and I were adopted by her at Pet Smart when she was a baby. We asked to see her and the first thing she did was snuggle into the crook of my husband's neck. The rest was history. She moved in like she owned the joint.

Adele

One of the Regulars
Nothing will make me cry faster than animals getting mistreated. I cannot watch those animal rescue programs because it is a guaranteed cry fest.

That kitten is simply beyond adorable and overall, I just want to hug all the pets in this thread.

Edward

Bartender
Thunder, good on you for taking that adorable little fella in. If he's tiny for his age, chances are he'll always be small. I know folks who took in a nine month old cat years ago who at the time was the size of a two month old kitten - she'd been kept by a student who fed her on small amounts of leftover pasta. Lois has always stayed tiny, but she's had a great life since - getting elderly now, but she's 16 or so, which isn't bad for a cat, and has always been healthy. Your little guy will probably be the same. He looks like he's a bundle of fun.

On a side note, were the folks hoping he'd die starving him? I don't know the law where you are, but here in the UK recent years have seen the arrival of some new criminal laws with pretty strict penalties for people who treat animals like that - and not before time.

Feraud

Bartender
BeBopBaby said:
I almost adopted a pug that a friend found locked in an abandoned trailer during the winter. They think he was in the trailer for around 3 months and he was eating garbage and carpeting to stay alive. I told my friend that found him that I would take him, but she fell in love with him instead and he's now a healthy, happy pug with a good home.

I'm constantly amazed at how people treat animals like throw away commodities. Those people could have taken the pug to a shelter with a minimal amount of effort, instead they abandoned him. I can't even begin to wrap my brain around that sort of thoughtless cruelty.

So instead of at the very least letting the animal go to possibly fend for itself they lock it in a trailer....nice folks. There is a special place in hell reserved for people like this. Speaking of disposable commodities, I've heard of one too many single cat and dog owners who abandon their pet when they get involved with someone who is either allergic or doesn't like pets. Then you have those people who move to locations that do not allow pets and get rid of their loyal companions. The level of stupidity is amazing in some people.

Here is a recent pic of our five month old Miles.
DSC07135.jpg

BeBopBaby said:
Same here.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Edward said:
On a side note, were the folks hoping he'd die starving him?

He was a farm cat so the owners didn't feed him, they expected him to catch his own food. He was doing alright, staying alive but probably wouldn't have survived the winter.

Around here farm cats are considered disposable.

Edward

Bartender
thunderw21 said:
He was a farm cat so the owners didn't feed him, they expected him to catch his own food. He was doing alright, staying alive but probably wouldn't have survived the winter.

Around here farm cats are considered disposable.

Ah, gotcha. I've known that situation with farms before - maybe oned or two kept insie as a pet, the others left to be feral and (so the logic runs) keep rats away. To actually hope an animal ies, though - that's horrificly twisted, IMO. I'm sure he's glad he is where he is now!

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Wooley is doing well for those of you who've been asking. Spunky, full of energy and curious. Our other big cats don't know what to think of him but they're getting friendlier. Beau, one of our younger cats, gave him a short bath today and has been playing with him. He loves to go outside and chase ants, then come in a sleep in our laps. :D

Also, Sheb has made it into "Catsquire" magazine for his high level of sartorial sophistication.

Mr. Wooley's real straw Panama hat and plaid vest (stylishly left unbuttoned) date from the 1960s and show off his healthy physique. How can the ladies resist such a fine specimen of a cat?

ShebWooley003.jpg

The bright yet modest red of his outfit compliments the color of his fur and the feathers tucked into the pugree of his Panama hat add a dapper new dimension to an already sporty look. Of note is the bow of his purgee which is on the right side of the hat. Normally the bow is worn on the left side for males: this new fad was started primarily by Mr. Wooley and shows his ability to tastefully break from certain rules in pursuit of his own personal style.

Sheb is a model for all manly yet elegant cats and his level of sophistication of dress should be striven for by all on the male side of the feline species.

:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo