Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lunch, Anybody?

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I haven't eaten anything today save for my usual mocha. Trying to eat minimally today, as I overdid it yesterday. But I need some protein. I'll probably have that mushroom balsamic chik'n out of the freezer, maybe some soup beside. But there are always eggs. hmmm....

I agree, and that goes beyond peanuts. I eat some kind of nuts or legumes every day.

One of life's great mysteries to my tiny brain is the whole "legume-nut" divide. I believe peanuts are actually not nuts but legumes (there's a word that could use an image upgrade) which is where I stopped listening to the blah, blah, blah and just said, who cares, they are called peanuts and they'll always be in the nut family to me. I'm not going to stop Planter's Mr. Peanut on the street and hurt his feeling with some nerdy definition that undermines his whole senses of self - who could be so mean?

Kinda like the Pluto thing. Pluto is a planet no matter what some scientist - with his or her well-argued dissertation about the definition of a planet - says. Peanuts are nuts; Pluto is a planet and if the only way to make someone happy about that is to "grandfather" them in - then so be it.

Seemingly popular in old Germany:
A slice of grey-bread, crunchy-peanutbutter with jam/marmalade on top. I always forget to try it, finally.

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
And I might go so far as to add that hundreds of thousands of Americans (myself included) would have starved to death without them growing up.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
Yes. I like grape jam (not jelly--ewwww). Know what else is good? Almond butter and strawberry jam or preserves.

Yes. I like grape jam (not jelly--ewwww). Know what else is good? Almond butter and strawberry jam or preserves.
Grape is my least favorite jam or jelly. Raspberry or strawberry are probably my favorite with peanut butter, but I also like blackberry, peach, blueberry, and jalapeño. Almond butter is very good. So is cashew butter. Peanut butter is cheap, though, so it wins out. My kids can wreck a jar in one sitting.

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
Forest Fruits or similar (the ones imported from Europe that American companies don't make) are my favorite. They are a mix of berries, maybe cherries, sometimes currants.

Grape is my least favorite jam or jelly. Raspberry or strawberry are probably my favorite with peanut butter, but I also like blackberry, peach, blueberry, and jalapeño. Almond butter is very good. So is cashew butter. Peanut butter is cheap, though, so it wins out. My kids can wreck a jar in one sitting.

I enjoy almost all the jams, jelly, etc. (and love jalapeño for the heat), but I noticed one of my favorites - apricot - didn't make the list, so wanted to throw it into the mix. It pairs quite nicely with peanut butter. Oh, as does a good cherry preserve.

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I haven't had breakfast, so it'll be brunch today, whatever it is. I'm going to the dentist and have to eat out. Probably going to be Starbucks or a burger place.

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
I need a filling replaced because it's 10 years old and I need a crown (which can wait until next year if finances dictate). The only painful is the possible copay if I get both done.

green papaya

One Too Many
Im having a Vietnamese Banh Mi sandwich from the local grocery store

it's the special of the house, it has barbecue pork "char siu" with thinly sliced pork cold cut, shredded white daikon radish, carrots, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, pate, on a French Baguette roll.

the fried ball is popular Dim sum item made from Taro root [a type of potato] it's a deep fried Taro dumpling.

Attachments

• banh mi.jpg
    banh mi.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 267

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR