Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lunch, Anybody?

green papaya

One Too Many
a plate of Black eyed peas with smoked ham & rice.

2016-03-11_110230.jpg

PB & J again, and some cheese and a handful of pistachios.

Some I'm not the only one who eats PB&Js and has nuts on the side (in my case, usually Planters Cocktail Peanuts). I've been told by others that it's an odd thing to do, but I don't care, I love peanuts. My only fear is that I will wake up one morning and I will have turned into one.

Coffee and donuts......no thanks to a couple of my lounge friends and their helpful suggestion.

[emoji14]

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
Some I'm not the only one who eats PB&Js and has nuts on the side (in my case, usually Planters Cocktail Peanuts). I've been told by others that it's an odd thing to do, but I don't care, I love peanuts. My only fear is that I will wake up one morning and I will have turned into one.
How is that weird? Maybe people are still afraid to eat nuts. They used to be said to be unhealthy, I guess because of the fat or calories? Anyway, today I had PB & J with hamburger soup (homemade with veggie burgers, tomato-y broth, peas, green beans, onions, roasted carrots).

Yesterday, I had Maccaroni with tomato-sauce, on visiting my parents. German tomato-sauce, you know, what I mean? Not the mediterranean thing. ;)

Despite, I'm not that big fan of white flour-noodles.

I'm more an classic potato-peeler. :)

swanson_eyes

Practically Family
Oh, that's different than the result I got when I googled "german tomato sauce." (I'm naturally curious, could spend hours researching random things.) The one I saw had paprika in it, and no basil. I just buy it and I nearly always get the one made with cabernet. It's sweet and I like anything made with alcohol. I probably cook wine more than I drink it.

The point is, when Germans say noodles with "tomato-sauce", they normally mean the sweet "kids-tomato-sauce", you know. Equally, if East or West. :D

Chasseur-sausage/Jagdwurst.

Last edited:
The point is, when Germans say noodles with "tomato-sauce", they normally mean the sweet "kids-tomato-sauce", you know. Equally, if East or West. :D

German kids are often named "Spaghetti-Bolognese-kids" or "Pommes-kids". ;)

Chasseur-sausage/Jagdwurst.
I'd eat that! [emoji481]

How is that weird? Maybe people are still afraid to eat nuts. They used to be said to be unhealthy, I guess because of the fat or calories? ....

I do it, but I've been told it's "odd" to eat peanuts with peanut butter as, the presumption is, you are already getting your fill of nuts via the peanut butter. My world philosophy is that one can never eat enough peanut butter or peanuts.

Mac & cheese. The crappy 35¢ boxed kind with the powdered cheese. It'll keep us from starving til dinner's ready.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner