Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LVC/AERO 1930's LEATHER BIKE JACKET

nightandthecity

Practically Family
I am selling my LVC (Levi Vintage Clothing) copy of a 1930’s Levi Strauss black horsehide biker jacket. These were a limited edition made for Levi by AERO LEATHER in Scotland about 4 or 5 years ago and produced for just one season, so you won‘t find any in the shops.

Levi marketed this as a “1950s” jacket to appeal to the rockabilly/rocker/ rebel biker image, but it is actually a copy of a rare 1930s jacket in their collection. The design is absolutely classic and drop dead gorgeous, and the materials and workmanship absolutely first class.

As to be expected from both Aero and LVC it is an exacting copy made to the highest standards and as close to owning an original as you’ll get!

Shell is a beautiful, heavy black horsehide. Lining is a lightweight plaid wool flannel in (I THINK) Grant tartan. Repro Talon zip and woven Levi label. The back has been painted with a “Thunderbird” design which I believe was copied from an original in Rin Tanaka’s collection.

Condition is near new as I’ve only worn it five or six times. However, these did come from the factory lightly pre-aged. They did release some versions of this jacket heavily distressed, but this “Thunderbird” version was only lightly pre-worn - just enough so it doesn’t look new.

I cut out the modern Levi care tag when I got it to make the jacket look more authentic. However, I still have it, also the original booklet and shop labels, and these are all included.

Size is ‚ÄúRegular‚Äù or ‚ÄúMedium‚Äù. Aero told me when they first came out that they regarded this as a size 39. I am a 38 and the fit is perfect. It might fit a slimmer 40 but no promises. It measures: chest, armpit to armpit: 21 ¬?‚Äù. Arms, down top edge: 25‚Äù. Back, from base of collar: 22‚Äú. Shoulders, straight across top back: 17‚Äú. Waist across the bottom front: 18‚Äù. All measurements taken with garment fastened, laid flat, and with a cloth tape (not metal). Please bear in mind that clothes are made from stretchy and floppy materials, and are not designed to lie flat, so all measurements are inevitably a bit approximate!

I shall be listing this on Evil Bay on Monday (they’re doing one of their cheap listing days!) but thought I’d offer it here first.

FL Price is £225 (approx $430). I’ll probably put it on Ebay for £250 (approx $478). To put this in perspective: I am told these originally cost $900, and there are two on eBay at the moment at $699.

UK postage is only £9.95, but be warned, it is over the magic 2kg threshold so overseas postage is crazy: for example, insured Airmail to the US would be a whopping £57.40 ( approx $109).

Pictures below. PM me for how to pay etc.

I'll also be listing a pair of the LVC 1914 Chinos soon.

DSCN7848.jpg

DSCN7858.jpg

DSCN7862.jpg

DSCN7869.jpg

DSCN7861.jpg

DSCN7879.jpg

DSCN7884.jpg

DSCN7882.jpg

DSCN7893.jpg

DSCN7886.jpg

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
Someone buy this jacket!!! You will not regret it. If I did not own one myself I'd have wolfed it.
The painting can be easily removed.

nightandthecity

Practically Family
and if I hadn't known you had one already I'd have offered it straight to you!

Anyway, it's up on evilbay now along with a few other choice goodies. I'm already regretting selling it, but I suppose the kids have gotta have Christmas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart