Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
my M.C. Gannon custom came today

I could not be more thrilled with it

this hat is fantastic

exactly what I wanted executed with superb craftsmanship

and as for the questions earlier in the thread about the fit ... I had him go just a hair under 7 1/4 and it could not fit more perfectly

I am in love with this hat already

anyone even thinking about ordering from Gannon Hat Co. you have my word... order with confidence

thank you Michael for being so easy to work with and for making me an absolutely top notch hat

IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1608.jpg

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
my M.C. Gannon custom came today

I could not be more thrilled with it this hat is fantastic, exactly what I wanted executed with superb craftsmanship
and as for the questions earlier in the thread about the fit ... I had him go just a hair under 7 1/4 and it could not fit more perfectly
I am in love with this hat already anyone even thinking about ordering from Gannon Hat Co. you have my word... order with confidence
thank you Michael for being so easy to work with and for making me an absolutely top notch hat

Anthony, the hat looks excellent on your head. Love the crown height and almost no taper to the shape. To my taste the flange of the brim appears to be flattering and "right." The pouncing, in the photos, appear to be well done. You will have to comment on how the hat wears over time and perhaps how it fits in your rotation of hats.

To my eye, the ribbon is like the Playboy or Wanderer ribbons of the vintage Stetson's. "How to go to Town in the Country," the title of a vtg. Saturday Evening Post advertisement that I have hung in my wardrobe, comes to mind when I see your pics above. Your new hat can put the finishing touch on almost all Town and Country outfits.

Congrats sir. Wear the hat with confidence.

Best, Eric -

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Anthony, the hat looks excellent on your head. Love the crown height and almost no taper to the shape. To my taste the flange of the brim appears to be flattering and "right." The pouncing, in the photos, appear to be well done. You will have to comment on how the hat wears over time and perhaps how it fits in your rotation of hats.

To my eye, the ribbon is like the Playboy or Wanderer ribbons of the vintage Stetson's. "How to go to Town in the Country," the title of a vtg. Saturday Evening Post advertisement that I have hung in my wardrobe, comes to mind when I see your pics above. Your new hat can put the finishing touch on almost all Town and Country outfits.

Congrats sir. Wear the hat with confidence.

Best, Eric -

thank you my friend

and yes ... my exact words to Michael when discussing the ribbon and bow were ...

I want a mid ribbon with a Playboy style bow

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Michael's work met your expectations - profound statement supporting his business efforts. Cheers to both Michael and Anthony.

Out of curiosity, why a cut brim vs. a bound brim?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Michael's work met your expectations - profound statement supporting his business efforts. Cheers to both Michael and Anthony.

Out of curiosity, why a cut brim vs. a bound brim?

I enjoy the look of a raw edge

I wanted something a little more casual ... less dressy ... something I would feel as comfortable wearing with jeans and a T as much as a sport jacket and slacks but still not feel completely formal

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Teaser: Below is a fedora that I am expecting later this week or next week coming from Michael.

i-Dnt7dTk-S.jpg

I commissioned Michael to make a bespoke Gannon Hat Company fedora inspired from a vtg. Stetson Wanderer. I asked for a Charcoal Winchester Beaver felt. Details I left up to the artist. Truth I did encourage a 2.5" bound, and flatter flanged brim with a taller, no taper crown. The above pic sets my expectations very high.

More about this hat to come, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I enjoy the look of a raw edge. I wanted something a little more casual ... less dressy ... something I would feel as comfortable wearing with jeans and a T as much as a sport jacket and slacks but still not feel completely formal

Excellent criteria! We will have to compare "wearing pics" as I have commissioned a very similar fedora with a bound brim.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon awesome looking hat.I just love the tall crown.

DM that is one hell of a hat in your profile pic

what is that ?

really great pic by the way ... all around ... the color combos you are wearing ... the angle ... the hat ... perfect to my eyes

ingineer

One Too Many
Moon;
Congratulations and thanks for the follow up
Love the untapered tall crown
Granite is like having two colours in one
Mine should be here in a week
Impressed that the sweat is marked with his name
Michael; great job!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon;
Congratulations and thanks for the follow up
Love the untapered tall crown
Mine should be here in a week
Impressed that the sweat is marked with his name
Michael; great job!

I love the hat Richard

wearing it today ... so comfortable and light ... but just heavy enough for a cool day

I've already had compliments on it at the supermarket this morning

I honestly couldn't be more happy with it

boze

One of the Regulars
New hats, new thread: I used my birthday as an excuse to order three hats from Michael Gannon in the past month. I got a rabbit in sahara and later ordered beavers in sage and steel. The steel beaver was a custom order with an open crown and 2 3/4" brim. The other two have 2 1/2" brims and crowns that are gently shaped but ready for any bash really.

I bashed the sahara rabbit to a teardrop using a steamer Michael recommended. The sage still has the center dent pinch front that Michael shaped when he made it. I had some fun with the steel but it's also a teardrop now.

Michael's customer service is terrific and all three hats are comfortable, stylish, and well-made.

To the pix!

4b358cf152133ad80f834a6e1054ae46.jpg

4197261496357a51192d3e07b064a476.jpg

701482c9af2caff55bdb7945d0eaeca5.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
New hats, new thread: I used my birthday as an excuse to order three hats from Michael Gannon in the past month. I got a rabbit in sahara and later ordered beavers in sage and steel. The steel beaver was a custom order with an open crown and 2 3/4" brim. The other two have 2 1/2" brims and crowns that are gently shaped but ready for any bash really.

I bashed the sahara rabbit to a teardrop using a steamer Michael recommended. The sage still has the center dent pinch front that Michael shaped when he made it. I had some fun with the steel but it's also a teardrop now.

Michael's customer service is terrific and all three hats are comfortable, stylish, and well-made.

To the pix!

4b358cf152133ad80f834a6e1054ae46.jpg

4197261496357a51192d3e07b064a476.jpg

701482c9af2caff55bdb7945d0eaeca5.jpg

very nice looking hats

Michael does great work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points