Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
not sure how many of you are aware of this fine young hat maker Michael Gannon .. but he is doing some very nice work

I love to support the independent hatters and have a soft spot for the young guys

I have been in contact with Michael for a little bit now designing a custom that he is about to make for me

this thing is going to be a beauty

classy but not too dressy
elegant with rugged tones

big boxy crown with a mid ribbon

can't wait to have it in hand to show all of you

check out his stuff and give him some support

he is a really good guy and someone who is going to make a few waves in this industry

https://instagram.com/gannonhatco/

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GannonHatCompany?ref=shopinfo_shopicon_leftnav

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Sounds awesome, keep us posted. We might be able to help keep him busy!

That's what I'm saying

His prices are nice and the hats are quality

Rabbit - $145
Beaver - $195

I'll give a full report when I get the hat and hopefully more will order

Getting in on the ground floor so to speak. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EstherWeis

Vendor
They look great!
Love seeing other young hatters too.

Can't wait to see your custom.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

ingineer

One Too Many
Thanks Moon for running the advance party
The pricing is so reasonable i was tempted to click buy now button
i appreciate all your contributions here

Yes, never thought of the rain aspect, it is not a rumour. We have one hatter in BC but only make women's. They sell men's hats but are overpriced. But they do offer full hat restoration services and I have used them for that. Their work is good. But to get a bespoke hat I have to travel to Oregon.....not that that is a bad thing as I love Oregon and will use any excuse to go there.

Attaboy, Richard!! Looks fantastic, sir! And thanks for refreshing my memory of Oregon's nickname. No wonder there are so many hatters there. HOW could I forget that?

rogerstg

A-List Customer
Hmmmmmm. Oregon does have the beaver moniker but did they ever have a hat maker's presence in the past? No brands I know of were made there. I've never been aware of Oregon being a trapper's haven either.

Oregon was a major source of beaver pelts as raw material for hats in the 18th century. John Astor claimed and established Astoria and the area as a shipping point in the fur trade. Many historians consider the creation of Astoria as fundamental to the US claim to the Pacific Northwest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB