Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Mad Men" on AMC (US) - (Spoilers Within)

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
scotrace said:
Now I've seen them all so far. Amazing attention to tiny details.

So... uh. How to ask this?

The, uh, nightgowns that all the ladies in the series wear to bed... uh... does anyone still make anything like that? :eek:

:eek:fftopic: and late!! ref: nightgowns.. have you seen this. site......http://www.silverscreenloungerie.com/content.asp?item_cat=2

they have the most gorgous slippers too...:eusa_clap

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Let's hear it!

What did you think? I loved it! I was still completely satisfied and in love with the show after the season finale.

Peggy got her peace of mind back from telling the truth. She is so up and coming and strong. I love how her clothes are getting updated.

Pete has deep loyalty to Don, an unhappy marriage and the woman he is in love with is sooo over him. Will he try to find his own kid and adopt it to make his wife happy? Sitting with a gun that he had exchanged a wedding gift for, is he suicidal, depressed, just shocked?

Betty gets her revenge. But in her pregnant position what could she do but take Don back? I think with her revenge she is done being mad and can let him love her. I think in the future she will miscarry though and it will cause them both problems.

Don is rejuvenated. He does right by Betty. He is half a million dollars richer, and comes out on top over Duck because having a no contract and no compete clause they cannot get rid of Don. He will take all the clients and Duck did not see that coming.

Roger happy
Joanie we know what is coming with that relationship
The creative boys and the PBX operator?

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
bay ridge, brooklyn

Fletch said:
The men are played as yuppies. Yuppies didn't exist in 1960. Of course there were young, urban professionals, but they weren't this callow and blasé. They were a lot more like our dads. Even the strong silent types weren't quite this silent.

Some of the women have it down. Only some. Peggy's convincing (altho if you came from Bay Ridge then you had an accent big enough to drive a RR train thru.) I like Midge best, altho she's more 2-dimensional.

Of course, to appeal to the target audience, everybody has to be somewhat sexy and have young ideas, which means the men - especially - have to be somewhat callow and not too much like our dads.

Must admit that I almost fell out of my chair laughing the first time Peggy took umbrage to the office goings on with the line," Im from Bay Ridge, we have MANNERS."

But the accent is debatable. It was a very Norwegian area for a long time. Her name Olson might refer to that ethnicity. She's Roman Catholic, so might have spent a lot of time being educated by teachers w/ european accents.
She's not too far off from the accents in TheHoneymooners. And after all, Jackie Gleason was a brooklyn native ;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
Who is Dick Whitman and why is he saying those terrible things about...

:D This show has new life with the season ending as it did. There are so many what-ifs.

What if Don Draper takes his $5000,000.00 and leaves Sterling-Cooper. Will he start Draper Advertising (Draper & Associates)? Will he take 1/2 the agency with him?

What if Don stays at Sterling-Cooper? What is his role to be?

What if Duck is out and Don is in at Sterling-Cooper? Who has the upper hand? Craetive or Sales? Who ends up running things? Bert? Roger? Don? Duck? :eek:

What if Peggy has made her only confession and it was to Pete? Where does this leave Peggy & the Priest? Peggy & Pete? Peggy & Pete & the baby?

What if.....

What is Pete going to do next? Ah...the rifle. Nah, Pete may shoot someone else but never himself. ;)

Joanie will never marry the Doc. But she may shoot him. [huh]

The boys in creative are remarkably uncreative. They like the agency the way it is/was. They're alternatively befuddled, smug. chauvinistic, opportunistic BUT they're always reacting to forces outside their limited sphere of influence. The creative side of the department rests with Peggy. Well, she's the one who asked for and got the office. It's interesting that Don commented, "Maybe I'll be reporting to Peggy one day.". (Or something close to that.)

Betty is a mess. That entire Draper family dynamic is extremely fragile. The episode in the office by the restrooms with the stranger at the bar may represent some sort of tit-for-tat
or revenge to Betty but there will be repercussions. All the ripples in the Draper family pond haven't disappeared. Who'll toss the next pebble?

Don't forget the In-Laws! Pete's and Don's. Whoo Boy!

Whatever is coming, Season Three will be a humdinger!

BTW, the local Barnes & Noble has Season One on sale for 40% off. Cardholders get 50% off. Shop now for the holidays. :D

Barbigirl said:
What did you think? I loved it! I was still completely satisfied and in love with the show after the season finale.

Peggy got her peace of mind back from telling the truth. She is so up and coming and strong. I love how her clothes are getting updated.

Pete has deep loyalty to Don, an unhappy marriage and the woman he is in love with is sooo over him. Will he try to find his own kid and adopt it to make his wife happy? Sitting with a gun that he had exchanged a wedding gift for, is he suicidal, depressed, just shocked?

Betty gets her revenge. But in her pregnant position what could she do but take Don back? I think with her revenge she is done being mad and can let him love her. I think in the future she will miscarry though and it will cause them both problems.

Don is rejuvenated. He does right by Betty. He is half a million dollars richer, and comes out on top over Duck because having a no contract and no compete clause they cannot get rid of Don. He will take all the clients and Duck did not see that coming.

Roger happy
Joanie we know what is coming with that relationship
The creative boys and the PBX operator?

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
Im way behind you ladies and gents - I am about to start the last disk of season 1 and I have a feeling that when I get to the last episode I am going to cry because I am going to go into Mad Men withdrawals!

Funniest thing so far? When one of the men insulted Peggy and Pete punched him which ended up in a fight and Don and Roger just walk out ignoring it!

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
the NYT had some recommendations for achieving certain Halloween looks:
http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2008/10/24/fashion/20081026-PULSE_4.html
25487345.JPG

The JOAN HOLLOWAY Look (Office manager, 'Mad Men'). Wool dress with fur collar in moss green by Michael Kors, $2,995; shoes by Christian Louboutin, $695, all at Bergdorf Goodman in New York, (212) 753-7300. Green jeweled sunburst ring (worn as brooch) by Cocotay, also at Bergdorf Goodman.

pin_up_pixie

New in Town
Awesome season ender, I can't wait for next season!

MissJeanavive- I love the idea of a Bay Area Mad Men night. Maybe when it gets closer to being on again we can work one out?

Julie

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
MrBern said:
Is Revolutionary Road going after the Mad Men audience?
Probably. That's what they do in media......................And, architecture, finance, literature, fashion, etc, etc, etc....

Someone once said that the innovators are followed by the imitators and finally by the idiots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21