Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Mad Men" on AMC (US) - (Spoilers Within)

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
'Mad Men' flying high -- except in the ratings

Tomasso said:
MM is doing exceptionally well in cable demographics. The days of Mash and Seinfeld are long gone.

CNN also observing MadMen's effect on the zeitgeist despite low ratings:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/24/mad.men.splash.ap/index.html
About 1.5 million U.S. viewers tune in weekly, with another half-million watching later on DVRs. That compares with the 19 million-plus audience for last week's No. 1 program, "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" on CBS.
"You get one of those programs that grip the elite intellectual minority, the people that are writing and about talking about culture, and the influence extends a lot further than the actual audience would indicate,"

swinggal

One Too Many
I love this show. I downloaded the entire 2 seasons and watched them all in 3 days. Why is it that great television like this is always on late or never gets taken up for more seasons.

Carnivale was another show that I loved that HBO killed. Seems the mindless dribble always survives.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
DonDraper'sHair

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/12/12/people.hamm/

"I've had a piece of the set fall on my head and my hair didn't move," he said. "I had seven stitches in my head and my hair didn't move. That's impressive."

2485469595_d49a8157e4.jpg

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
They? So far Lionsgate has signed everyone except for the Creator of the show, MattWeiner.
AMC has a contract with Lionsgate for two more seasons...with or without Weiner.
If they lose Weiner...they show could tailspin.

He wants a $10 mil deal, the ecomonics of the show's ratings on Cable dont seem to make this feasible. The negotiations go on but Lionsgate is definitely looking for a replacement. No one wants to step into those big shoes...

Then again, all these negotiations could be a publicity stunt.

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
3PcSuit said:
Umm, wait, umm, you're kidding, right?

Ah...no, not completely, why? :) Of course, I mean "inspired by" styles, not full-on '60s looks.

Caveat - I don't track men's fashion much, so I can't say how popular '60s style will be *for men*. But I don't see it going away for women anytime soon, and I think men will be putting more of an effort into dressing professionally.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
unknowable

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b78600_mad_men_boss_says_shows_fate_unknowable.html
The future of the AMC hit is in danger, according to the show's mastermind, Matt Weiner, who is not signed on to continue with the series.
Sources close to the series tell me negotiations reached a stalemate several weeks ago, but AMC and Weiner's reps are actively working to resolve the remaining issues (among them, not surprisingly, compensation) and get Weiner on board for at least two more seasons of the ultra-hip series.
Backstage at the Golden Globes, fiery Christina Hendricks (Joan Holloway) put her support for Weiner on record, saying: "There is no show without Matthew."

Ya think theyre milking this for publicity?

filfoster

One Too Many
Brian Sheridan said:
I saw an extended promo for it and it does look interesting. I onnly hope they don't go for the whole "internal conflicts" route, making characters feel guilt abuot their lives. Keep it freewheelin' and fun. That's what I want to see.
The old DVR needs to catch this one because it is opposite my new favorite summer show "Burn Notice" on USA.
You must be dissappointed. I love the show but your fears have been realized. It's not 'freewheelin'.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
She rents in a friend's building; they tell me that she and her hubby are both midgets.

That's all I got. [huh]

Besides, the address. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21