Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Mad Men" on AMC (US) - (Spoilers Within)

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Joan's getting married!

Er...I mean, Christina Hendricks. Because they are two different people, and not the same, and Mad Men is merely a television series and not real life.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Spiffy said:
Joan's getting married!

Er...I mean, Christina Hendricks. Because they are two different people, and not the same, and Mad Men is merely a television series and not real life.

No! I object to this union!!! :cry:

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The weird thing is I was watching the show and kept saying almost weekly, "That looks just like Mom's old office!" or "I could swear that's the real Xerox room from the 9th floor!" She had someone do me a name sign for my desk with lettering just like on the show years & years ago - like when I was 10. And then it turns out...that IS where they film and there were crates full of letters for doors & such. It's now a set and a film studio. It's showed up in loads of other movies (The bank in Cellular and I think it showed up in Six Feet Under once or twice and loads of others). Now if I could only find that name sign - I think it's still in a box in the rafter in the garage from the move up here 15 years ago.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Tomasso said:
Not yet, but here he is speaking of it and MM.

BTW, is 30 Rock not at the top of the funny heap?

He was AMAZING in 30 Rock. All of my roomates are now in love with him, and they haven't even seen him in a suit yet! I plan to obtain the first season on DVD and convert them all at once.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Mad Gals

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/the_way_we_live/article5696515.ece

“We weren't lusting after each other,” says the trim and still-glamorous 80-year-old multi-millionaire, looking 20 years younger than her age as she sits in her panoramic Park Avenue apartment, just a block away from Madison Avenue,. “We were lusting after ourselves. We were all crazy about ourselves. Crazy about the talent that we all felt we had. When you are that self-centred, you don't have room for romance with anyone else.”

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Spiffy said:
He was AMAZING in 30 Rock. All of my roomates are now in love with him, and they haven't even seen him in a suit yet! I plan to obtain the first season on DVD and convert them all at once.

Season one AND season two are both already available on iTunes and for less than the DVD sets.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Cannot wait for Series 3...!! Vroom-Vroooomm!!

How's this for a Cinema foyer 'stand-up!' Just need one of Betty now!

fedoralounge003.jpg

FedoraFan112390

Practically Family
Is this really how a lot of America dressed in the early 60s? The reason I ask is I look at old films of my family--My mom's father was a second generation Italian-American, blue collar guy, WWII vet, who never wore a hat and always wore grey slacks and a polo shirt. It just seems so...alien...to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot