Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Mad Men" on AMC (US) - (Spoilers Within)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Real Life vs Mad Men

....................................- .................+.......................=

article-1307300-0AF7DE62000005DC-802_634x694.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just saw it.

Don't think Don lost it in the boardroom, just was 'high' on his win and Scotch.

His blackouts? hey, Scotch and Adrenalin... it happens [huh]

Peggy? that girl thinks outside the box, and that's what will make her a winner.

Pete? immature, boyish, loser.

Lots to smile about on this one :eusa_clap

One of the better episodes...so far!

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Doc, thanks for posting that link, I've spent the afternoon reading the articles while at work.

Whoever the writer, their articles on the color of the charcter's clothes is so spot on, you wonder if the costumer and the producer do that on purpose... I think so.

Tiller

Practically Family
Mr Vim said:
Roger: "Jesus, will you leave me alone?"
Don: "You told me to come in."
Roger: "The hell I did."
Don: "You hired me."
Roger: "What? When?"

Yeah, that was fun to watch. It's intersting to see that Don may not have actually been hired, but made a palce for himself by takening advantage of Roger. The final sceen with Roger in the elevator with a "did I really" look, and then Don with that confident "I just put one over on you" smirk lol.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I saw that scene as Dick Whitman fully creating the personality of Don, not when he was talking but the way he stepped into the elevator, that privelage he had, and then he grins and you see Whitman again, it has to be my favorite episode of this season thus far.

Young fogey

One of the Regulars
Mr Vim said:
I saw that scene as Dick Whitman fully creating the personality of Don, not when he was talking but the way he stepped into the elevator, that privilege he had, and then he grins and you see Whitman again...
Yes!

Good to see him, Roger (with slightly darker hair) and Joan in '50s mode. The early '60s fitted Joan like, well, one of her dresses but she was beautiful then too.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted

Chas

One Too Many
I hope that the popularity of this show will affect how contemporary culture views curvy women (read: normal women). Seen enough skinny minnies to last me the rest of my life.

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Anyone else knocked out by last night's episode? I thought it was the best of the whole series. So is Peggy Don's new Anna? Stands to reason.

Just wow on this ep...

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I was knocked out too - and ferklempt. Another outstanding episode, finally focusing on the show's most interesting relationship. Great writing, and powerful, moving performances by Moss and Hamm.

Mad Men just keeps getting better!

Wire9Vintage said:
Anyone else knocked out by last night's episode? I thought it was the best of the whole series. So is Peggy Don's new Anna? Stands to reason.

Just wow on this ep...

swinggal

One Too Many
Wire9Vintage said:

Just wow on this ep...

Was great. I think she will replace Anna as his 'female' bestie and seeing ghost of Anna was like she was giving Peggy permission to 'to an eye on him'. He and Peggy are both loners and understand one another.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wire9Vintage said:

Just wow on this ep...
It really was just the perfect episode. This will get an Emmy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21