Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men Style Competition

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Senator Jack said:
Hey, whaddya know! i humbly accept the honor on behalf of every narrow tie enthusiast who had to endure Blues Brothers comments for the last three decades.
lol Congrats Jack!:eusa_clap :cheers1:
Thanks SKM for a fun contest + thread <3
P.S. Is Jen an FL-member? If not, she should be...

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Brilliant Competition!!

Thankyou so much for organising this and adding to the fun on the Lounge!!

Many Congratulations to Senator Jack on the well deserved win:eusa_clap

To my mind, ALL the entrants are WINNERS!!:eusa_clap

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
cherry lips said:
lol Congrats Jack!:eusa_clap :cheers1:
Thanks SKM for a fun contest + thread <3
P.S. Is Jen an FL-member? If not, she should be...

I don't think Jen is on FL but I'll suggest it to her. She really knew how to put it together.
Everyone did such an amazing job!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
How on earth did you manage to organise THAT prize?

SKM...you are obvioulsy a lady with contacts, as the prize of a night out 'on the town' with January Jones (Betty Draper) for 'our Jack' is just going to be amazing!!! ;)

I'm waiting on the Reserve Bench if Jack has double booked the evening!!! haha.

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
PADDY said:
SKM...you are obvioulsy a lady with contacts, as the prize of a night out 'on the town' with January Jones (Betty Draper) for 'our Jack' is just going to be amazing!!! ;)

I'm waiting on the Reserve Bench if Jack has double booked the evening!!! haha.
Okay, you have me confused here. I'm not sure how January would feel about me pimping her out. To what are you referring?

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It was just wishful thinking...

...Being a January boy myself. Wouldn't that have been a marvellous prize where the male winner gets a dinner date with January and the female gets to dine with Jon - all in glorious technicolor MadMen styling of course!!

Or...a 'bit part' in one of the new episodes!!

But 'once again' SKM - this has been the most fun competition, you're a star!!

JennyLou

Practically Family
I must admit that I never heard of this show until I started reading this thread. Now after reading about it I want to watch it.

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
PADDY said:
...Being a January boy myself. Wouldn't that have been a marvellous prize where the male winner gets a dinner date with January and the female gets to dine with Jon - all in glorious technicolor MadMen styling of course!!

Or...a 'bit part' in one of the new episodes!!

But 'once again' SKM - this has been the most fun competition, you're a star!!

That's a prize I would have had a hard time handing over. For dinner with Jon - but only as Don - and you'd have a fight on your hands. ;) *flutter*

Laughing Magpie

One of the Regulars
SuperKawaiiMama said:
I don't think Jen is on FL but I'll suggest it to her. She really knew how to put it together.
Everyone did such an amazing job!

Aw shucks, thanks all! I've been a very shy lurker here on the FL, but I put my occasional 2 cents in, usually in the Powder Room. I didn't even realise there was a thread on the Mad Men Contest here until I happened to peek in the Observation Bar today.

Loved the contest! (And the show too, obviously ;) )

Jen

dhermann1 said:
OK, after perusing this extended mania for a while, all I can say is that you all need to go out and rent "Putney Swope". ;)

lol

And then rent someone to explain to you why it's thought to be a classic. Watched that film twice and while I was watching it the second time, I thought, how did I sit through it the first time?

Thanks for the votes, all. Certainly, a woman is going to win the competition, though. What's with those guys in the wifebeaters or goatees?

Regards,

Jack

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
Antipodean tears!

I'll be voting for you too Jack.

I have to say that I am seriously disappointed that the comp isn't open internationally! You know I'd enter in a heart beat. At least they are using my tutorials to help get the contestants dressed to the nines... so it is nice to be linked.. but DAMN IT.. why can't I enter?!:rage:

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
SuperKawaiiMama said:
I'll be voting for you too Jack.

I have to say that I am seriously disappointed that the comp isn't open internationally! You know I'd enter in a heart beat. At least they are using my tutorials to help get the contestants dressed to the nines... so it is nice to be linked.. but DAMN IT.. why can't I enter?!:rage:

I reckon if they let you enter you would win hands down :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn