Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made a bag for my hat!

bobkeenan

Familiar Face
I wanted to protect two rollables that I am bringing on a big vacation later this year. I found i could roll my hat and fit in a 3" mail tube but I had to roll it too tight. THe at would fit comfortably in a 4" tube but two 4" tubes would take up a lot of room in my suitcase. I saw on the Locke Hatters site that the sell a tube of that size but they also sell a canvas bag. So I made the latter. It will not prevent crushing but it will keep the hat clean and in the rolled stored shap if I pack it well. And it will take a minimum of space in my suitcase. We normally pack a portalble steamer so I can work out the kinks when we get there. Here are the picts with my Stetson rollalble Runabout.

p2029589975-4.jpg

p2014196054-4.jpg

RJR

I wanted to protect two rollables that I am bringing on a big vacation later this year. I found i could roll my hat and fit in a 3" mail tube but I had to roll it too tight. THe at would fit comfortably in a 4" tube but two 4" tubes would take up a lot of room in my suitcase. I saw on the Locke Hatters site that the sell a tube of that size but they also sell a canvas bag. So I made the latter. It will not prevent crushing but it will keep the hat clean and in the rolled stored shap if I pack it well. And it will take a minimum of space in my suitcase. We normally pack a portalble steamer so I can work out the kinks when we get there. Here are the picts with my Stetson rollalble Runabout.

p2029589975-4.jpg

p2014196054-4.jpg
Let us know how it works,seems like a good idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24