Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Maltese Falcon Tie

Which color scheme do you think is correct?

• Total voters

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Most of our ties are shorter than modern ties, though it depends on which ones. The vintage style ties are around 55", whereas most modern ties are about 62". Some shorter vintage ties (not ours) are around 50".

Carter, I like your idea... though with the timing of production, it'll most likely have to be a post-holiday special.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
J. M. Stovall said:
Well I voted for the one I liked the other day, but I need another red tie like I need another hole in my head. I would have bought a brown one for sure.

I'm in the same boat! I love red ties, but I've got more than enough in my collection already. Perhaps I'll offer the burgundy version first and if it seems to be popular enough, offer alternative colors of the same style...

As for my comment about being seriously interested, I simply mean, only vote for the color that, if made, you would buy. I'm not expecting those who voted for other colors to buy a red tie, for example.

Kind regards,
Indy

Mike1939

One of the Regulars
I voted for red, yet I also like the idea of blue or green for a change. Love your ties Indy. I'm looking forward to adding another one to my growing collection.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I take it that no Loungers found an auction site, Hollywood museum or movie magazine from the early 1940s that has a color picture of Bogart's/Spades suit. Dang.:(
I look forward to seeing the final tie.:cheers1:

Sincerely,
The Wolf

carter

I'll Lock Up
Indy Magnoli said:
I'm in the same boat! I love red ties, but I've got more than enough in my collection already. Perhaps I'll offer the burgundy version first and if it seems to be popular enough, offer alternative colors of the same style...Kind regards,
Indy
Which burgundy version would it be?
This one? (Yellow over red)
bogart_tie_yellow_over_red.jpg

or this one? (Gold over maroon)
bogart_tie_gold_over_maroon.jpg
(Which appears to be claret)

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Well, if you look at the file names on those images...one is 'red' and the other 'maroon'.

Remember, I'm making the images, Indy's making the ties. The images are purely concept art - they're not meant to be exact.

carter

I'll Lock Up
The Wingnut said:
Well, if you look at the file names on those images...one is 'red' and the other 'maroon'.

Remember, I'm making the images, Indy's making the ties. The images are purely concept art - they're not meant to be exact.

Thanks, Wingnut. I made an edit in the previous post. You do really nice work.

I asked the question because there are so many subtle differences in the red/burgundy/maroon palatte. The only way to really see the actual color would be a fabric sample. I'm sure this will be pictured at some point.

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
I like the Shitzu-Hawk tie, but I think we'll stick with our original design... ;)

The maroon tie has officially been started and will likely be ready just after Christmas... stay tuned!

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Hey Magnoli;

Any updates on the tie? It is on the list of my "Must Buys" for 2009. You have a release date in mind yet?

Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Well... the tie is finished, but, unfortunately, the pattern has been reversed (mirror image) so if you're after a perfect replica, this is an issue.

mc-tie-malt1.jpg

I've added it to my site regardless as I imagine this won't be a big deal for most: http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=230

I think the colors turned out great. I was looking at it with different shirts and suits I have and this tie seams to go with everything! And, as an added bonus, my wife loves it! :D

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner