Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marley Hodgson Messenger Bag... Opinions?

Spartcom5

New in Town
Hey guys I picked up this bag today for $100, I didn't know if it was a good deal or not. I had thought I liked the bag while I was in the store but after I got back I'm unsure... There are no returns. I'm in college where 99% of the people wear backpacks and not bags like this. I just wanted to get your guy's opinions on it? Too much for college? As for the bag itself it's from 1984 in pretty good condition, lots of patina and life left in it for sure. Great quality however the zipper has ripped a little and needs to be replaced but I really want to keep it original? Any thoughts? How should I go about cleaning this bag up? the strap is especially darker/dirty looking or should I leave as is? Thank you!
20160625_183642_resized_zpscafi6ssz.jpg

20160625_183526_resized_zps32eu7oyh.jpg

20160625_183512_resized_zpsxeg1xzdw.jpg

20160625_183544_resized_zpsibzek7ek.jpg

20160625_184053_resized_zpseurycwmb.jpg
20160625_183609_resized_zpsg7i9gufn.jpg

Benproof

A-List Customer
If you keep the original zip, you will keep originality and lose your wallet, keys, credit cards and peace of mind.

Get it fixed. Not the kind of bag I'd find practical for college: a camping rucksack is more useful in the rain, wind, coffee spill stain proof, carrying laptop and thick volumes of dusty books.

This looks like it suits you though. Maybe you can get away with carrying one kindle, a bottle of water, wallet and set of keys without causing lopsided muscle and bone problems?

Spartcom5

New in Town
You'd be surprised lol I didn't have a lot of weight in my backpack last quarter. Nothing this bag couldn't handle

Benproof

A-List Customer
Suits you perfect then :D

I can just about cope with carrying a man bag but even that is too small for the kitchen sink which I carry.

I had a nice Banana Republic canvas bag years ago that looks similiar. I doubt BR make anything as nice anymore.

Maybe use velcro inside if you don't get the zip fixed...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn