Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Matt Deckard's bowler avatar

The Duke

One of the Regulars
Hey Matt,

That is the closest bowler i've seen to Patrick Macnee as John Steed on the avengers, where did you get the hat?

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I'll be back in a minute

prince-vi.jpg

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
The one on my head is and early James Lock and company hat. Same company that is mentioned in an episod of the Avengers as the company in which Steed buys his hats. Though in a previous episode it's clear by the lining that he is wearing a Herbert Johnson bowler.

So either company is correct as I have seen the rough finished Lock and the smooth finished Herbert Johnson versions on his head. Now for me... I have Dobbs, knox Stetson and the Lock... The lock has the nicer crown in my opinion.

I got it on Ebay!

know your size and be willing to pay the price.

funneman

Practically Family
Shaul-Ike Cohen said:
Knock out the bad guys? What an odd job.

A collector here in Fort Lauderdale, Anthony Pugliese the third, just paid thirty-thousand dollars for the Odd Job derby in an online interactive auction.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
maybe it's just me, but it seems different style hats, look good on some people and some..not so good :) Matt...great pictures! :eusa_clap and the hat looks good on you

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a cheep modern bowler that I wear with my three piece, pin stripe, suite. Usually put it on once a month for my mason meeting. I want a vintage one but cant seem to find one my size on eBay cheep enough to justify picking it up. I guess I just have to keep looking. Now at least I know some brands to keep an eye out for.;)
Johnny

Tony in Tarzana

It just arrived, won it for the opening bid on eBay. It's harder than my Shoei motorcycle helmet, a bit musty, and has a hole in the back of the brim where someone must have nailed it to a wall (probably in order to bomb-proof the wall... this thing is HARD!)

It probably won't be a regular look for me, but I'm wearing it today in honour of the 100th anniversary of my father's birth. (see the thread in the Observation Bar.)

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
decodoll said:
I think they both look quite dashing. :)
:D agree! not putting our Tony down...he looks so much like my husband...that I'm positive he'd look absolutely great in a Mallory...This is one of the hats ....out of many...that's a jaw dropper

NewMexExpat

One of the Regulars
Great look,Tony.

Tony in Tarzana said:
It probably won't be a regular look for me, but I'm wearing it today in honour of the 100th anniversary of my father's birth. (see the thread in the Observation Bar.)

I think it looks wonderfully natural on you, Tony. I like it as well or better than the Homburg; you seem to wear it with more confidence.

Nice page on your Dad. (Your whiskers seem a nod in his direction, also. ;) ) Sounds like a man worthy of tribute and emulation. Here's to many happy memories for you, especially today.

- Mark

Tony in Tarzana

No offence taken, Mystery, I appreciate your honesty. It's an acquired taste, to be sure.

Mark, I think the Homburg paved the way. I took that picture within moments of receiving it, and I wasn't sure about it then. I wore the Homburg to work a few days ago and received no reaction whatsoever. I'm the nutty hat guy, I guess.

We'll see how the bowler goes over this evening. If anybody mouths off, I'll just crack their skulls open with it. Did I mention it's HARD? lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy